Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My Q3 is coming up to two years old, and so will need a service soon.
I recall there was a post which showed how you could access a service schedule for your car on the Audi website, but can't now find it.

This would be really handy, because I don't have a service book and want to know what will be required in future years. There are mentions in various threads about the S-Tronic / cambelt etc servicing timescale / mileage, but I would really like to have it in one place.

So - can anybody tell me where the link is?

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The search facility is out of action at the moment so it's difficult for everyone to quickly find old posts but we'll keep looking.

For cars in warranty, cost of servicing is a regular discussion point. Prices drop significantly once the car is over 3 years old so this link is a useful tool to help price match negotiations when you book the car in for it's service. - https://www.audi.co.uk/account/fixed-price-services.html#/fixPrice?id=38&serviceCode=SERMIN

Also check out the 'My Audi' link on the Audi UK web site - https://beta.audi.co.uk/owners-area.html

If you car is a 'keeper' consider moving to annual / 9K oil changes

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
631 Posts
I just signed up but it doesn’t show my service record.
Isn’t that part of the point of it. There must be something illicit in hiding it from a cars owner.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Had a go by downloading the app but that is playing silly bu**ers as well.
What is wrong with a service book?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Probably part of a cunning plan by Audi UK - the dealer systems show the service record (irrespective of which Audi dealer has completed the work) to keep all the service work inside the dealer network.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
My dealer usually prints out my full service record when I have had the car in for a service.
Maybe its worth asking them to do the same after every service.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The indie who did mine was able to log it as I wouldn’t have got him to do it otherwise.
Surely this is a restrictive practice as the service record should be with the car, not the manufacturer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies.
I'll ask for a copy of the service record when I take it in for a service.

But - what I really want to have is a schedule which shows me future servicing information.

For example, mileage / age criteria for cambelt change, S Tronic oil change, spark plugs, and any other bits I haven't thought of.
I realise I could probably pull it together from all the various posts on the website, but just wondered whether there was a single sheet which shows it all in one place, ideally produced by Audi.

Otherwise I feel at the mercy of the service receptionists who may want to 'up-sell' and recommend work before it is really required. And - I like to have an idea of what my future costs may be as I might decide to sell before a major service / cambelt etc are coming up

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
These are the relevant pages out to the owners service book.........It gives the tasks that need to be completed on both per mileage and per time basis. Between the 30,000km services, it just an oil change annually.

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just to reiterate and it shouldn’t apply to your two year old car but the lack of written update being put with the car’s documents about the 5 year cam belt change is really unacceptable.
I wonder if you would have any redress if you used the schedule that came with the car and it self destructed?
Surely you’re not obliged to do an internet search every year?

I only knew from a phone call from the dealer who did my emissions fix but nothing from Audi themselves or the dealer I bought it from.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again for all the replies.

My overall conclusion is that there is no overall guide to the future maintenance and servicing requirements for my UK 1.4TFSI. Lots of useful information on other markets, which is really useful. But there are differences - interesting to see that in the USA the first service (with tyre rotation) is at 5,000 miles or 1 year.

So - when I take my Q3 in for its first service I will ask the dealer when all the things like brake fluid, cam belt, S-Tronic oil change, spark plugs etc will be required in the future.

And, if I can draw up a meaningful schedule, I'll post it here!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I got my service book off eBay today so will self fill and put print outs in the back so at least I have an easy to read book version.
It blows your trust in a brand when there is all this uncertainty over something so fundamental.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I took my Q3 in for its first service I managed to get this information. Bear in mind this is for a late 2016 1.4TFSI S-tronic in the UK. These are all in addition to the 1 or 2 year engine oil and filter changes.

Pollen filter - replace every 2 years / 40k miles
Panoramic roof clean (where fitted) - every 2 years / 40k miles
Brake fluid - replace every 3/5/7 years
S-tronic oil & filter - replace every 38k miles
Timing belt - replace every 5 years or 140k miles
Spark plugs - replace every 6 years or 40k miles
Air filter - replace every 60k miles

One anomaly is that if you are on the 2 year engine oil and filter changes, then the brake fluid change in year 3 is likely to be overlooked. This may be another reason to get the oil changed every year.

Hope this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts