Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just picked up my Q3 and have started with the VCDS mods. So far I've done these:
Windows & sun roof open/close with key fobOpen & close rear hatch with key fob & driver door buttonCornering fog light and high beams with fog lightSet comfort turn signals to 4 rather than 3 which I find too shortSeat belt warning chime offGauge point sweep on startDisabled daytime wink on turn signal - although I want to change this to pulsing DRL & turn signalEnabled hidden green menu in the MMIAdded gear number indicatorEnabled Adaptive brake lightsEnabled reverse mirror tilt
Parking Assist lines on MMI with rear sensors
Where I run into problems is trying to modify theE-Brake release without foot on brake, andPulsing and fading turn signals with LED DRLs. The Security Access codes I'm using don't work. I've tried these so far, 31347, 06325, 78713, 12345, 06208, and 71679.Anyone had success with changing these last couple mods?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
You might want to reconsider disabling DRL on front turn DI.........it can be hard to see the orange DI whilst the DRL is on full, the only reason it's like that from the factory.

If of course that's what I understand you are trying to do?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Security Access code here does not work:09 - Central electrics
01. Security access-16 : enter code 31347 to unlock the controller
02. Adaptation-10
(16)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2 = Blinken links Dunkelphase (default was not aktiv)(18)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert GH 2 = 24 (default was ?)(19)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2 = minimize (default was maximize)
(16)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3 = Blinken rechts Dunkelphase (default was not aktiv)(18)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert GH 3 = 24(19)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction GH 3 = minimize (default was maximize)

·
Registered
5,413 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dislike the stock winking look, and want something a little different. Even dimming the DRL would look better than having them turn off during turn signalling.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The windows and sunroof opening/closing using the key fob are factory enabled. You don't need VCDS for this. Same as the gear number indicator if you have the stronic box.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Must be different for Canadian vehicles - Neither of these worked prior to VCDS coding. Not sure what the stronic box is - we don't have any options for engine or transmission. Only comes in a 6 speed auto (Not DSG) and 2l turbo gas engine.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That explains it then

The stronic is the DSG. I never understood why North American versions don't get it

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Revisiting an old thread, has anybody worked out the security code for module 09?

I'm usually quite good at remembering links to old threads but this one's got me beat

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks anyway Spike :)

I have tested most of the Security access codes I have for the various modules, and have compiled a list of the ones that work / don't work (at least for my car).

I did read somewhere that in some versions of VCDS the security code comes up on a "bubble" when required. Maybe someone can check next time they are connected up doing a scan or coding etc?

Cheers

·
Registered
313 Posts
Have you tried 31347 for module 09?
Yep - I thought it should have been 31347, but it didn't work :(. Have also tried 20113 and 20103 with no luck.

Also Richard, I recall some time ago you were looking at changing the Start/stop via long coding in module 09 and trying to enable the memory function via bits 4,5 and 6 on byte 26. Did you ever get that working?

The reason for needing the security code is that I want to try to enable start stop memory via channel 34. Obviously the other option is just to install the dohicky behind thestop/start switch.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Thanks anyway Spike :)I

I did read somewhere that in some versions of VCDS the security code comes up on a "bubble" when required. Maybe someone can check next time they are connected up doing a scan or coding etc?

Cheers

Used VCDS today and checked out that module but no luck with a 'bubble' or security code.

If you're thinking about a stop start module, the details are covered in Richard's thread - https://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/25-modifications/4911-stop-start-memory-module.html#post62441

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can anyone please post security code for 09- Cent. Electronics. Audi Q3 2018, my Q3's Audi drive select have 3 options only : auto, comfort, dynamic, I want to add Individual to it, for that I need security code

·
Registered
369 Posts
Can anyone please post security code for 09- Cent. Electronics. Audi Q3 2018, my Q3's Audi drive select have 3 options only : auto, comfort, dynamic, I want to add Individual to it, for that I need security code
You need to add Individual or Efficiency? I have Auto, Comfort, Efficiency and Dynamic

1 - 20 of 24 Posts