Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come across something strange when i start the car, down the bottom right of the DIS it used to show the amount of keys coded to the car. It still shows this but now i have a wee seatbelt symbol between them, the book suggests it's an undone seatbelt on the rear but i'm stumped. Once the car is started it goes away, unlike the passenger one which bleeps.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Could it be a faulty rear seatbelt sensor?

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Seems the most obvious cause to me. First thing to try - unbuckle and rebuckle each back seat belt in turn and see if (a) they're all fully buckled, and (b) the light goes out.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Not sure I fully understand this. My car has 3 seat icons in a row, for each of the 3 rear seat belts, and which show a seat belt across any or each of them if there are rear seat passengers buckled up. So far as I can see it doesn't show anything to do with the number of coded keys (ie 2)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's for the replies, been out tonight but i'll try checking the rear seat belts tomorrow and get a picture of the symbol that comes up.
It's not a warning symbol as such, just a white picture of a seatbelt between the 2 keys.
Strange rontheman, i checked the manual and it should show briefly upon startup how many keys are coded to the car. So when you buy a second hand one you can make sure you have all the keys, or that's the plan anyway. It's been fine showing the keys but now i have the belt one between the 2 keys, it's not a warning as such and there is no error light.
I'll get a picture of what it shows tomorrow when i start the car up, hope this helps

·
Registered
518 Posts
Curiouser and curiouser. I have checked my user manual, and can find no reference at all to any indication of the number of coded keys. What page of your manual is this on?You mentioned that the seat belt icon sits between 2 keys. Therefore, what would happen if you added a third coded key? Or a fourth, fifth or sixth?As far as the seat belticons are concerned, I confirm these come on with the ignition, and correctly disappear shortly after start up. They are then replaced by the outside temperature display

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've sussed it and yes i am indeed an idiot who should really read the manual properly

Page 30 of the manual, you can check how many keys are initialised for your vehicle so you can make sure you've received all the keys.
However this is not what i'm getting and you're spot on rontheman, the symbol i get when starting is telling me the centre seat is buckled up and the outer 2 aren't. I always wondered what the 3 symbols were but when I asked the dealer and they told me it's the keys sir. I did wonder why there was 3 of them but couldn't be bothered going back to them.
Looks like my centre seat is showing as buckled when it's not, i've clicked it back in and out and had a look but it all looks fine. Been using our other car today but i'm heading back into the garage for a further look!
Cheers again for all the replies

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got round to taking a look, turns out the centre seatbelt clip was stuck. Buckled it up, unbuckled it and Hooray the annoying symbol had gone

Do i feel embarrassed Gromit helped me out when he hasn't even got his car yet, well just a bit

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
reilsab said:
Do i feel embarrassed Gromit helped me out when he hasn't even got his car yet, well just a bit
No need to be - it's one of the few advantages of being an old fart.

Glad I was able to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts