Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Your advice please - I have ordered a Q3 177 tdi S Line quattro. I added a couple of goodies but didn't want to go too mad.. so went with the standard S Line half leather/cloth seat combo. I have heated full leathers in my BMW, as they were a no cost option on the 3 series m sport coupe but don't want to fork out extra £1k on this car for those... Do you think it is worth upgrading to the Alcantara seats, are they more comfy/ softer than the cloth? The dealers did throw in the autoglym treatment, but are they toddler proof??

Also, if I upgrade, are the dealers up for a deal on any extras now that I have ordered?

Thanks!

Ps, loving the gallery pics, can't wait to post some!Edited by: Snobaby

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Think I've partly answered my question... Been to the showroom today and there was a Q3 in there with Alcantara seats, they look and feel amazing so will be upgrading to those tomorrow!

Shame the staff weren't helpful today, apparently you can only deal with the one person who took your order. Even the suited chaps loitering around the empty showroom looking bored were all "too busy with customers" to give advice and answer a question like can I see some Alcantara seats please?

Good job all the cars are unlocked on self-service Sunday!

·
Registered
302 Posts
That's strange - we went back to our showroom after we placed our order as my OH wanted to look at seats (we had test driven an S Line with sports seats and ordered the SE with standard seats). We had free range to look at all the cars (and sit in them) - it wasn't a Sunday
while we waited to see 'our' salesman (we had arrived early and he was with a customer). Several staff tried to help us - it was no problem. We were also worried that the Nappa leather we had ordered might be a bit 'soft' - OH does a lot of DIY and we have dogs ...... Anyway - after a lot of discussion we changed to the sports seats and stuck with the Nappa leather which seemed much like the leather OH has on his 9 year old Passat which is unmarked :)
Edited by: Bambi

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the lady I deal with will be mortified tomorrow. The worst was the receptionist, she said I could look on the Internet then ring back tomorrow with my choice. When I said the brochure pic was tiny and need to see the real thing, she looked at me like I was bonkers! Eventually she said all the cars are unlocked so I could have a look around! I went back to her and said I had found the exact seat, had decided and would ring back tomorrow, then she said you have to come in and see the cars close up, even the colours, you can't tell from the brochures what they really look like. Doh!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts