Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone - new state side (you fine folks seems to say colonies :tango_face_grin:) 2018 Q3 owner here. This seems to be one of the best places I've found via google for information about the Q3. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if it is possible to program the seat heaters to stay on level 3 without changing to level 2 after 10 minutes? Also, does anyone know if it is possible to increase the temperature of the settings? I've bought an OBDEleven device thinking this should be simple, but so far have had no luck figuring out if this is possible. I can't seem to find anything related to such settings.

The Q3 is actually my wifes and she has a back injury. Her previously vehicle (2004 audi) had the seat heaters with 6 settings and did not reduce temperature automatically. This was great for her comfort when driving. I'm trying to restore the same functionality with the new 3 setting push button control.

I'd even be willing to purchase a VCDS if thats what it takes. It truly does impact her comfort significantly.

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips you may have.

·
Registered
630 Posts
The only relevant other thread I could find was this one but it doesn't really help very much.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hello I have another problem with my Q3 seat heater. Despite the seat base being not functional anymore, only the back rest works. I loathe the logic of the Level 1 heating.

You start the car and hit the button to reach Level 1, the heater goes on full blast for about 10 minutes and after that it switches back to the maintaining current for a Level 1 heating. Fine... the problem is that EVERY TIME I stop for a small errand and get back to the car it starts this all over again. The trouble is the seat is still warm, the cabin is warm and blasting that thing FULL STEAM AHEAD into my back is like being SCALDED.

Who thought this logic would be OK ? Can I modify it with VCDS or OBDeleven ?

·
Registered
338 Posts
this is the coding for an A4, so could also work on Q3:
Disable seat heating level 3 to level 2 after 10 minutes.
[08-Auto HVAC]
[10-Adaptation]
[Channel 50] level 3 to 2; adjust value as required; default value = 10 (minutes); value 0 = off
[Channel 51] level 2 to 1; adjust value as required; default value = 0 (minutes)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts