Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to overtake another car and got a bit close to it. Both front seatbelts automatically tensioned then released. The front seatbelts seem to be working okay under normal operation. Do I need to have anything replaced?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
No, that's that evil Audi Pre-sense system working - it's favourite party trick is to apply the brakes because it thinks you will be running over a pedestrian.

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
Strewth! I hope there's a way of turning the ****' thing off before some truck ends up wearing your tailgate on its front panel. 🥴

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
On the RS4 you could disable it deep in the menus, however at next ignition-on it was re-enabled. It's not just a normal stop but a full emergency stop with hazards on - it frightens following traffic, the last episode was a very near miss to a serious accident with a truck and is the primary reason for getting shot of it, with a total lack of fun being a close 2nd.

Seems the new RSQ3 has the annoying tech as standard.

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
I'm becoming less and less keen to part with my existing stable the more I hear about new tech. I find stop/start annoying enough but at least you can quickly and easily switch it off. A new car that tries to kill you for all the wrong reasons is definitely bottom of my shopping list!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Curiously although not a fan of stop/start it is really unobtrusive on the 2.5, there is no perceptible jolt, the beast reawakens from its nap with nary a grumble.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Found a tip rather going deep inside MMI for Audi pre sense but it also disables your ESC.
Screenshot_20201005-175430_Drive.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Uptill now Audi pre sense has only showed me the red warning sign on center display while traveling in forward direction.
For rear cross traffic it once applied brakes while I was reversing out of driveway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Jalees That statement re "Limited Availability for 20 seconds" may go someway to explaining as to why my yellow pre sence warning light stays on for what seems to be probably about 20 secs as detailed in my post on the subject.

·
Registered
83 Posts
As far as my understanding yellow is not good either sensors not clean or there is some real issue which dealer needs to check.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts