Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Just got my Q3 S line 140 manual Quattro.

If the Sd card is just maps and the car is already prepped why is it £500 and why do we need to go to Audi.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
This is what's deemed a fair price by Audi, i'm surprised car manufacturers are allowed to have full control over these systems and can dictate any price they see fit. Rather than saying "Your Q3 has been prepped for sat nav from the factory at no extra cost", they should say "Your Q3 has been prepped for sat nav but since this costs us money from the factory we've decided to charge you £500 for something which costs us pennies"

There is no way around it so you cough up or buy a tom tom and have wires running around the dash. If you could unregister it from the car afterwards and move it to another vehicle or it was say £200 i'm sure they would sell more.Edited by: reilsab

·
Registered
613 Posts
If it's any consolation, the "full-fat" Hard Disk Sat Nav costs £240 to update with new maps, and that's just a DVD of maps...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Just had navigation retro added as you say £500 but look out for the £100 labour charge from the Audi Dealer!!
Have to say it is neat and does work!!

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
'OW MUCH???Cheeky gits - all they have to do is shove the SD card in the slot and activate it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No. They have to code it to the computer in germanyland so you cannot use it in any other car!!! & still charge you £100!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts