Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i know someone posted a very good and in depth explanation of the MMI audio system such as which cables you need (red gromit) and what SD cards the Q3 can take and how many songs in a playlist etc but I am unable to find it so sorry for asking this question again.
I have my Q3 on order and I am sorting out my music collection getting it ready and I want to order an SD card but I don't know which types it can take.
Is there a page in the owners handbook that someone could scan and post as I think the Max size is 32GB but I am not sure.
also is it only SD cards or SDHC cards?
Thanks
darren

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was going to post the exact same question today - picking my car up on Thursday (hopefully) and want to sort out some music! Any replies would be great!

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you but i think there is another thread that someone has posted and contains photos of the different cables.
Darren

·
Registered
85 Posts
Darren, beware. The link you posted shows a blue SD Card. Just consider: is a blue line what you want to see in your dashboard?
Edited by: AfAX

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol - you are right - I didnt think of that

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats the post - thank you

·
Registered
107 Posts
Does the standard stereo play video files from the SD card?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Good question, I think you need the tech pack. You may be able to play avi's with Xvid video and MP3 audio from the SD card, I've read the formats that will play are limited. js0823 on Audiworld has been successfully converting video files using Freemake Video Convertor and playing them off their SD card apparently using this setup:
File type : AVI

Frame Size : 720 x 480

Video Codec : MPEG4

Frame rate : 30 fps

Bitrate Type : Auto

Audio Codec : MP3

Channels : Stereo

sample rate : 48000 Hz

Bitrate : 320 Kbps

I've only tested DVD's and and have no plans to hack the mmi to enable them to play whilst driving.

If you do manage to play from the SD card please let us know.

Edited by: Contrition

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ordered a card that was supposed to be black but came as blue, I just used a black permanent marker to colour the visible area and it looks fine imho.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have tried to play a DVD in mine without success it just says its the wrong format. Would it be any different if I put the films on the SD card ?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Possibly, I don't think the default system plays DVDs, if you can play a video file it would have to be from an SD card. That said I really don't know for sure.

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
No just tried it, put a film on a SD card and it will not read the file, Ah well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts