Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collecting Q3 SE tomorrow-Sat:Decided to add SD card to my order but told this is not possible as I have a 4-spoke steering wheeldue to having paddles for s-tronic etc. It does not state this in the brochure and it clearly sayscan be purchased at a later date.
Also, wanted a cradle for a Samsung Tocco phone but again cannot have this as they do not exist yet. Having ordered Low Prep for phone cannot use this function and can only charge with a cigar lighter cable. Get the feeling everything is a bit rushed and the specs have not been thought thro' properly.Maybe should new order a new model until after the first year of productionhas passed.
AC

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have 4 spoke multi function steering wheel with paddle shifts , and I have the S/D card sat nav on my tdi s/tronic quattro Q3

·
Registered
130 Posts
Anyone got any further info or updates on this issue, i.e. can you have the sat nav retro installed with a 4 spoke steering wheel. Comments would be most welcome as I would also like to add it later in the year.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think if you have 2 SD card slots it should be possible.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Del, I've been on the Stokes Audi website and ordered my chrome tail pipes, thanks to Daytona, but the nav pack states must have 3 spoke wheel. I do have 2 SD slots though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
On the 3 spoke wheel there is a Nav button, which I assume isnt on the 4 spoke?

But on the MMI, surely if Navigation comes up in the menu, all you need to do is slot in the SD card, and you can operate it from the standard MMI dial, therefore not needing the Nav button on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
563 Posts
steadykev said:
Hi Del, I've been on the Stokes Audi website and ordered my chrome tail pipes, thanks to Daytona, but the nav pack states must have 3 spoke wheel. I do have 2 SD slots though.
Hi KevI've been on the Audi web site and configured a car like yours (2.0 TDi SE Manual I think) and it accepts the SD NAV card without any steering wheel updates, as far as I know the configurator will not let you configure a combination that is not possible.And as Jono has said if Nav is available via Car on the MMi then you should be able to control the Sat Nav via the MMi.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Taken from the Q3 brochure....Satellite Navigation system – SD card based. </font></font></font></font>Route planning and guidance using voice, pictogram and 2D mapping shown</font></font>
on the 6.5” colour display screen. Can be operated via the MMI controls, multi-function steering wheel or voice control system.

Includes European map data and 7-digit postcode recognition</font></font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
Del said:
steadykev said:
Hang on, are we talking about the same thing here? ..... the "Nav Pack" is different to the "SD Card Navigation option".... (I think)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Does anyone have an SE with 4 spoke wheel and Satnav? The Q3 brochure does specify it is optional and does not state only with 3 spoke wheel.

·
Registered
264 Posts
hi kev if you look at my photo's you will seeI have the 4 spoke steering wheel with paddleshift s/tronicI have the SD card for nav and it all work fine you can use voice control for it as well if you want .

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks Del and Daytona. Once my bank balance has recovered a little I will order the Nav pack, probably Easter time unless of course you think they will run out by then?

·
Registered
563 Posts
steadykev said:
Thanks Del and Daytona. Once my bank balance has recovered a little I will order the Nav pack, probably Easter time unless of course you think they will run out by then?
I don't think they will run out, it's just an SD card with map data.What I will say is purchase the Nav pack and get it activated at the same dealer, that way if there are any problems you will not have wasted nearly £500.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now had Q3 SE 177ps auto for 11 months and so far trouble free with 8,000 miles clocked. Only slight niggle is the rear wiper squeels like an old 10 year wiper but will have it changed at first service. Tyre monitor came on last week and sure enough a slow puncture in rear wheel required a new tyre, first puncture for 10 years! Very please with the car, heated seats great in this weather, the driving position and general handling are excellent. I get around 620 miles to a tank of diesel so not to bad although well below the brochure figures. AC

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Andy,
You mention your fuel consumption. (I know it is off the topic) There is a post on the topic on the general section. I have mentioned that I am getting about 41mpg. Another owner with the same car as you and I mentions getting below 40. What mpg are you getting now? After 8000miles yours should have loosened up and be getting better mileage.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an SE with 4 spoke steering wheel, I had the SD Nav retrofitted no problems with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts