Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, another Newbie here,
Hopefully delivery of Q3 SE 2.0 TDI will be around 17th March and looking forward to ownership.
It has the two SD card slots. Have take one for the SD card-based SatNav and hope to use the second one for my music. To this end have done some research on the internet without getting all the answers. I hope some of you can assist please.
From internet browsing, it would appears that Audi's don't like high-spec (storage) SD cards, ie. SDHC and SDXC and the old standard SD cards, with limited storage, are the only one's that are compatible; is this so?
Also, when the above query is resolved, I have the little problem of how to get my selected music from iTunes onto the SD card in a format that the Audi Q3 will accept.
Any assistance gratefully received, thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Del, thanks for the reply. Have had another chat with the dealer and it does look like I'll have to get the old CD's out and copy them one at a time as mp3's onto the SD card. Although he has suggested I drop in and pick up the handbook beforehand and have a good read of it as he believes it will cover what I need to know.
Cheers

·
Registered
188 Posts
Did you already rip your cd's into itunes or onto your computer another way? Don't suppose you know which format you used do you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dan
I managed to get the Owner's Manual for the vehicle on Saturday in advance of picking the Q3 up on 17th. To be honest I'm not that much more the wiser when trying todecipher the supported media specification shown on page 18 of the Concert Sound System, Operating Manual with regard to whether the Audi system will support aac format or only mp3, or both. So at this time I've taken the decision to stick at mp3. The first thing to do is to change the import settings in your iTunes to mp3 by going to Preferences, then Import Settings and selecting MP3 Encoder for the Import Using box, click OK to finish.
So this is what I've done in advance of 17th:-1) created new playlist in iTunes called Q32) using the original CD, allowed iTunes to identify the album but declined the offer to add to my Music Library3) Highlighted all the tracks and then dragged them to the Q3 playlist4) iTunes then copies them, in mp3 format, to the Q3 playlist5) I did this for about eight CDs6) Finally I dragged the Q3 playlist icon to the SD card via Finder.
My plan is to ask my friendly dealer if I pop in before Saturday and try the SD card out. If it works, then I can add the other CDs the wife wants; if it doesn't I'll keep searching for an answer.
Hope it helps.
Alan

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've got to be honest I've not tried it but not 100% sure dragging the playlist icon to the SD card will work... hopefully someone canclarifythat.
Is it a windows PC you have? If so, when you insert the SD card into your computer, go to 'My Computer' and select to browse the SD card. Do you see the tracks on there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Dan
I've moved recently to a Macbook and Finder is the My Computerequivalent. I can see all the tracks that I dragged across no problem.
Alan

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ah good that should be ok then. I was worried it would just drag the playlist and not the actual tracks too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts