·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Apologies if this has already been covered

I'm considering the SD card sat nav upgrade and Audi has quoted me £575

Aquick Ebay search and I found a genuine Audi cardfor £59

My question is will this work out of the box via the MMI menuor would I need Audito activate it?

Tony

·
Registered
613 Posts
It needs Audi to activate it, and as I recall, it "ties" that card to the car.
£575 seems more expensive than normal....?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jules

I knew it was too good to be true. I'd be interested in the price members have been quoted /paid as I'm sure this is a drive in, plug in and go processat any dealership.

I have to say charging over £450 for a 10 min software upgradeis a bit of a cheek especialy if all the hardware is already in place.

Tony

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I was quoted £450 when buying the car, i even got the colour dis so it would look better with the nav but in the end i didn't bother. Remember you need to pay for updates too every year

·
Registered
613 Posts
While I was waiting for my Q3, I had a Renault Grand Scenic Hire car for 4 months - which came with built-in TomTom, but as it was a hire car, there was no maps, and no remote control.
One trip to eBay and £25 spent bought me an SD card of UK maps, and the Renault Bluetooth "Mouse" - job done.... But Oh no, that's not the Audi way!!
(And I was able to sell the Renault Kit back on eBay for more than I paid)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Is it even possible to transfer it off the car to resell or transfer to another Audi as all the new ones are coming prewired?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! £450 to activate a SD card and then an annual charge for updates (even if optional) is a bit steep even for Audi
I think I'll stick with my faithful Tom Tom
Tony

·
Registered
100 Posts
No annual updates , but still very expensive , I'm sure someone somewhere can do this without going to audi !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts