Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my TDi for 5 weeks now and decided that I want the SD Card Sat Nav. Rang my dealer Derby Audi and they want £595 fitted that's nearly £100 to fit. Am I being mean or is this too much? I was expecting them to install it for free being as I purchased the car from them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I paid £500 to add this just before delivery. It did take them some time to code and download updates. It is well worth it. The prompts and spoken instructions are excellent and easy to turn off on using the * button. The lady has difficulty pronouncing a few places. Leeds sounds like Lids!
Good luck

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was informed that the SD Satnav kit costs £495 inc VAT. Then you have to pay to have it fitted & activated. Dealers should only charge you 30 minutes for fitting. I was quoted £537 all in from my local deales.Hope that helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Trapper
Please can you tell me who your local dealer is. I will then use this to get my local dealer to match it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I paid £490 at crewe audi including activation , that was last nov .

·
Registered
563 Posts
My dealer charged me £495 inclusive, it's probably worth having a word with your supplying dealer, they don't have to charge you for activation, mine didn't.You can buy the SD card on Ebay for £399 but you will still need to find a dealer to activate it....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Audi-A1-Navigation-Activation-Function-SD-Map-/230760006044?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item35ba5e419c&clk_rvr_id=335343278790Have a read of this thread on the A1 forum, it may help....http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6567

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Del
The eBay link is an Audi Dealers EBay Shop. They are going to supply and fit for £470 all in
Derby Audi would not budge still wanting £595 even after showing want other dealers were charging (their loss).

·
Registered
563 Posts
Repton1978 said:
Thanks Del
The eBay link is an Audi Dealers EBay Shop. They are going to supply and fit for £470 all in
Derby Audi would not budge still wanting £595 even after showing want other dealers were charging (their loss).
No problem Repton (I remember a game called Repton).Did Derby Audi supply your car ? If so I would be incline to take the servicing elsewhere as well, for the sake of an hours labour they lose a customers goodwill
it's just pure greed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
hi All Has anyone got the part number for the sd satnav kit (sd card & activation card)TA!

·
Registered
61 Posts
How does the Audi sat nav compare with the likes of a Tom Tom unit.Are the maps as good.Is there any after install support.Does it have speed cameras etc in the database.Can the Databases be updated easliy.£500 or there abouts is a lot of dosh when you can get the latest Tom Tom for a fraction of that cost - granted it is not built into the cars system which raises the question- is it worth the cost to get the Audi system.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi WesI've never had a Tom Tom so can't compare, sorry.What I can tell you is it does not support speed cameras.There are map updates on ebay for about £180.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Trapper
Had my sat nav fitted today very impressed. The sd card map pack numbers are : -
Code 8X0 060 884 D
Part No. 103 0414
Function/Activation kit : -
Code 8X0 063 192
Cannot find a part No.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Repton1978 Many thank for that . DareI ask the price?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wolverhamper Audi supplied and fitted for £465. A bargain after what the dealer who supplied my car wanted!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Repton£465 supplied and activated was a very good price.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've just ordered the option of the SD Sat Nav £495. How good is she at pronouncing welsh places

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all,new to the group having collected my Q3 only last Saturday, had it for a week and must say that I am very pleased with it (amalfi white, S Line with heated fine nappa leather) I did not bother with the sat nav at the time but now have the opportunity to pick up a 2nd hand Audi SD card with maps of europe and UK. will this work if inserted in sd slots or do I need a seperate activation card and a visit to Audi dealer ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi you will have to get the activation card done by Audi total cost is about £500, the sd card is just the maps and they won't work on there own,good system though.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mick S said:
Hello all,new to the group having collected my Q3 only last Saturday, had it for a week and must say that I am very pleased with it (amalfi white, S Line with heated fine nappa leather) I did not bother with the sat nav at the time but now have the opportunity to pick up a 2nd hand Audi SD card with maps of europe and UK. will this work if inserted in sd slots or do I need a seperate activation card and a visit to Audi dealer ?
HiIf that SDcard has been activated in another car then I don't think it is possible to activate itin your car.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts