Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are numerous other threads on this but I don't seem to be able to find a definitive or recent consensus.

When the dealer told me about the easy to decide later sd card Sat nav system I thought great idea. I then found out its £500! For a sat nav SD card! I thought they were taking the p**s but it appears its true. For that price (seeing all the hardware is already there) I am expecting it to be the best sat nav on earth but us it?

For those of you that have it can you tell me wether its worth £500 or not and let me know how it compares to regular Tom Tom? I heard its got google maps built in?

Thanks

·
Registered
485 Posts
My Q3 is off the road at the moment, so they have loaned me a Q3 which has loads of extras built in, including a sat nav.
To see how good they are I test them by using them when I know the way and see where they try to send me. The inbuilt one is the worst that I have had for directions and for taking me the longest way around, even when set for the shortest distance. Even when I forced it into 'my directions' the arrival time was way out.
On another note, if you turn the sound off, you only have visual directions and with the sound on, it keeps cutting in over the radio. Obvious when you think about it, but to me it is an annoyance.
I have a Garmin for normal use and it is much better.
Just my 'twopenneth' worth.

·
Registered
11 Posts
James, i have the SD Sat Nav system installed when i placed my order. I think that due to the lay out of the dash and the flip up screen with the sat nav, putting an additional "box" stuck to your windscreen it will look cluttered and messy... not the audi way !!
I've had Tomtom sat navs in the past and personally they are no way as good as the audi's sat nav. the voice is clear, you will also get directions and count down bar in your DIS screen as well.
When you are spending cash on a car such as an audiQ3, what is an extra £500 ( properly about an extra £5 per month on your finance deal)

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have the Sat Nav in the Technology Pack, and to be honest it seems a good system - not sure you get £1,500 worth (or £1,000 over the SD Nav Kit!) of value really but it's a capable system and hasn't let me down yet... Haven't looked at the cost of map updates yet!

Not sure why a reversible boot floor mat and raised boot floorcomes as part of a "Technology pack" though ....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. So it seems that if you get it as part of you deal it's worth having to keep your dash board uncluttered. However if you have to pay an additional,£500 outright like I would have to then perhaps not worth the money. I will see how I get on without for a while.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Just make sure the price your dealer is quoting includes activation, some charge up to £100 extra for this

1 - 6 of 6 Posts