Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HiHope someone can help here...Downloaded music from Amazon to SD Card (via PC) is no problem and plays fine when inserted. However, a downloaded audio book from Audible (also Amazon) is not recognised as an acceptable file on the SD Card and wont play? Transferring the same data to my mobile will however play via the AMI connection?Apologies if I'm being dim here, and any guidance would be appreciated -thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
This is because an Audible file is in .aa format - a format specific to Audible files and also containing DRM. You need to see if you can download or convert the file to another format, preferably .mp3 - then it will work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for getting back to me. I've spoken to 'Audible' who advise they are in dialogue with Audi as their current downloads are not compatible when using the SD Card

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried the link below and it converted the Audible (.aa) file into a .mp3 file, but half a book took 6 hours to convert. I decided not to follow this further. The books are on the ipod. Audible suggests burning CDs or buying an fm transmitter to send a signal to the car radio.I would need about8 CDs per book and don't intend to stand by the PC feeding it discs. The transmitted is about £50. The local Audi dealer suggested file conversion. However, we have now managed to get the ipod to talk to the car audio system using Bluetooth and listened to a talking book while travelling down the M1 this afternoon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts