Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
AUDI RSQ3 Sportback F3
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
WOW, car looks amazing and some serious performance upgrades!

Just on mine to be collected Tuesday, some subtle mods on my mind and the one I’m first interested on is the suspension, like yours mines the standard sports suspension but will try it first to see how good it is on our UK roads. As well as more confidence inspiring with the KW’s do they also soak up the poor road surface better would you say?

Look forward to seeing more of your build and progress.
Thank you mate 😄

Congrats and welcome to join this club! IMO, our standard suspension (without electronic damper) is sporty enough so on the poor road is not comfortable I would say, swapped to KW V3 suspension and the improvement on the poor road is significant. The other thing you may want to upgrade is sway bar, our stock sway bars are too soft which does not suit my driving habit (a little bit aggressive). With these two upgrades, I can definitely feel it is much firm on every turn / cornering.

·
Registered
AUDI RSQ3 Sportback F3
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Black painted done on my crash bar with some drilled holes for more windward due to bigger & taller intercooler from APR.

Did truck sound insulation this weekend by myself 😆

·
Registered
2021 RSQ3 Sportback Sport Edition, Daytona Grey, C&S pack, red calipers.
53 Posts
Thank you mate 😄

Congrats and welcome to join this club! IMO, our standard suspension (without electronic damper) is sporty enough so on the poor road is not comfortable I would say, swapped to KW V3 suspension and the improvement on the poor road is significant. The other thing you may want to upgrade is sway bar, our stock sway bars are too soft which does not suit my driving habit (a little bit aggressive). With these two upgrades, I can definitely feel it is much firm on every turn / cornering.
Thanks Scott

Can’t wait for pick up day tomorrow and will then be able to assess the suspension and consider those upgrades.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Scott

Just got my rsq3 also, adding to my checklists of mods. That meth kit is nice!

ECU
Do you have an F3? What are our chip options anyways? My local APR dealer said my car may be too new. You seems to have added lots of Apr’s stuff, they don’t seem to be adding our part list, did you just use the TTRS/RS3 for hacking for our use?

TCU
Local TVS saids F3 is not ready yet. Did you do APR’s tcu ?

Intake
Eventuri said they will have our intake system in Sept. If not I may just get the hperformance 90mm intake. May be I will go APR too, missed page 2 earlier and saw all those APR goodies.

Lowering
A bit regretting on only getting a set of H&R spring. The oem suspension is quite harsh.

Got my meth setup, cant wait to install 😍

Direct port injection at each intake manifold runner

Flow gauge fitted here

·
Registered
AUDI RSQ3 Sportback F3
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Just got my rsq3 also, adding to my checklists of mods. That meth kit is nice!
Aquamist from UK is the only brand I trust. Their system and fittings are the best. You can't go wrong with their stuff ;)

ECU
Do you have an F3? What are our chip options anyways? My local APR dealer said my car may be too new. You seems to have added lots of Apr’s stuff, they don’t seem to be adding our part list, did you just use the TTRS/RS3 for hacking for our use?
Yes mine is 2020 RSQ3 sportback F3 with EA855 evo, engine code is DNWA with OPF at midpipes. I believe you can't find software available from those big name tuning companies, APR Germany is able to tune our RSQ3 as I have seen one with larger turbo fitted done by them from their social media in Germany but you can't find the software from APR USA, maybe they are still testing?

Mine was local custom tuned but recently I am trying another software call Dyno Spectrum's DS1 tuning tool from UK, this is custom tune as well and they have very powerful features you can't get from any other tuning company. I would highly recommend DS1, you can get their OTS tune from server or you can have a tuning expert tuned for you remotely. Mine is currently remote tuning by an expert, so far so good. I would prefer custom tune because those hardwares I have installed is not something OTS / canned software can support. OPF delete is an example, which is not possible to see it available from those big name compaines. If you need more information on DS1 tuning tool you can send me message 😉

TCU
Local TVS saids F3 is not ready yet. Did you do APR’s tcu ?
Currently my DSG software is tuned by local custom tune. My tuner increased RPM on every gear change when gently dirve in D mode, so DSG changes gear to next gear at 2500RPM instead of stock that is less than 2000RPM. This made car much more easier to drive and you won't see 6th 7th gear in lower speed driving which makes car feel sloppy. I would not consider APR TCU software but TVS DSG is in my plan, which I will get it done next month by local dealer. I believe that TVS is able to tune our gearbox since this is the same DQ500 as TTRS / RS3.

Intake
Eventuri said they will have our intake system in Sept. If not I may just get the hperformance 90mm intake. May be I will go APR too, missed page 2 earlier and saw all those APR goodies.
Yes I have been pushing Eventuri to release an intake duct that is compatible to our car, I bought one on March but that was for RS3, the one I bought was fitted fine with some modification done but not perfer so I removed and sold. Currently I am running APR carbon intake and Eventuri turbo inlet. I like full carbon instake system all the way to turbo but APR turbo inlet is cast made so I went Eventuri's instead. If you plan to get APR throttle pipe, you can go with APR instake, I am not sure if you can clean the space with non-APR intake since APR throttle body pipe is huge.

Lowering
A bit regretting on only getting a set of H&R spring. The oem suspension is quite harsh.
Stock suspension without eletronic is not that comfortable driving on the road with awful quality and you will also feel fear when driving fast on highway switching between lands promptly. I went with KW V3 directly and 034motorsport front & rear sway bars, I didn't change end links. The modification completed changed the car it acts, comfortable in lowering speed and firm enough when crazy driving 😆

Front & rear sway bars I bought from 034 are for TTRS but a friend of mine fitted on his RSQ3 with Tiguan sway bars from EIBACH. To be honest, I am not sure which is correct but all can be fitted and performs well. The reason I choose 034's TTRS sway bars because our stock sway bar has the same part number as TTRS not Tiguan, but Tiguan has the same chassis as Q3 😅 Choose what you prefer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aquamist from UK is the only brand I trust. Their system and fittings are the best. You can't go wrong with their stuff ;)
Pretty cool stuff, will look into it.

Yes mine is 2020 RSQ3 sportback F3 with EA855 evo, engine code is DNWA with OPF at midpipes. I believe you can't find software available from those big name tuning companies, APR Germany is able to tune our RSQ3 as I have seen one with larger turbo fitted done by them from their social media in Germany but you can't find the software from APR USA, maybe they are still testing?
I think is because USA doesn't have RSQ3 sadly.

Mine was local custom tuned but recently I am trying another software call Dyno Spectrum's DS1 tuning tool from UK, this is custom tune as well and they have very powerful features you can't get from any other tuning company. I would highly recommend DS1, you can get their OTS tune from server or you can have a tuning expert tuned for you remotely. Mine is currently remote tuning by an expert, so far so good. I would prefer custom tune because those hardwares I have installed is not something OTS / canned software can support. OPF delete is an example, which is not possible to see it available from those big name compaines. If you need more information on DS1 tuning tool you can send me message 😉
This is great info. Will definitely look into it.

Currently my DSG software is tuned by local custom tune. My tuner increased RPM on every gear change when gently dirve in D mode, so DSG changes gear to next gear at 2500RPM instead of stock that is less than 2000RPM. This made car much more easier to drive and you won't see 6th 7th gear in lower speed driving which makes car feel sloppy. I would not consider APR TCU software but TVS DSG is in my plan, which I will get it done next month by local dealer. I believe that TVS is able to tune our gearbox since this is the same DQ500 as TTRS / RS3.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah seems like they know what they are doing. Also the 1000nm stage 4 is pretty sweet.. Doubt will ever need that.

Yes I have been pushing Eventuri to release an intake duct that is compatible to our car, I bought one on March but that was for RS3, the one I bought was fitted fine with some modification done but not perfer so I removed and sold. Currently I am running APR carbon intake and Eventuri turbo inlet. I like full carbon instake system all the way to turbo but APR turbo inlet is cast made so I went Eventuri's instead. If you plan to get APR throttle pipe, you can go with APR instake, I am not sure if you can clean the space with non-APR intake since APR throttle body pipe is huge.
lol we need to each write to Eventuri every other week. I mean it shouldn't be that much different than the RS3 and TTRS version. I think I have seen someone said it does fit.

Stock suspension without eletronic is not that comfortable driving on the road with awful quality and you will also feel fear when driving fast on highway switching between lands promptly. I went with KW V3 directly and 034motorsport front & rear sway bars, I didn't change end links. The modification completed changed the car it acts, comfortable in lowering speed and firm enough when crazy driving 😆
I order the KW V3 yesterday. See how to rid of my unused springs now lol.

Front & rear sway bars I bought from 034 are for TTRS but a friend of mine fitted on his RSQ3 with Tiguan sway bars from EIBACH. To be honest, I am not sure which is correct but all can be fitted and performs well. The reason I choose 034's TTRS sway bars because our stock sway bar has the same part number as TTRS not Tiguan, but Tiguan has the same chassis as Q3 😅 Choose what you prefer.
hey if part number is the same.. I am pretty certain it is ok.

Do you know where we can pick up a workshop manual for the RSQ3?

Glad you are here. This car don't have enough extreme modders like the GTi.

·
Registered
AUDI RSQ3 Sportback F3
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yeah seems like they know what they are doing. Also the 1000nm stage 4 is pretty sweet.. Doubt will ever need that.
I will be running their stage 3 which included TVS's drivability upgrade (must have). If you are not going to upgrade your turbo, I think TVS stage 2+ is the best you should look into ;)

TVS race clutch is required on their stage 4 but I will never approach that, with 1000NM on the car, there are much more hardware you need to replace such as upgrade flywheel etc.. That is another money pit :LOL:

I order the KW V3 yesterday.
Awesome!! Let me know what is your opinion after yours fitted.

Do you know where we can pick up a workshop manual for the RSQ3?
You can download all the manuals about F3 Q3 / RSQ3 here but you have to pay to use. You can use 1 hour for EUR 7- or 1 day for EUR 30-

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will be running their stage 3 which included TVS's drivability upgrade (must have). If you are not going to upgrade your turbo, I think TVS stage 2+ is the best you should look into ;)
I am eyeing stage 3 too. Don’t want any regrets down the road. I know I will want the big turbo later lol.

My local tvs guy thinks my 21 is not available, I would think is the same as your 20. Asking TVS directly, but not getting anything back yet.

·
Registered
MY22 RSQ3 Sportback Vorsprung - Primer Grey - Red Stitching - Red Brake Calipers
32 Posts
Yes my rear discs are 370mm and brake pads are ENDLESS MX72+
I’ve seen 356mm used but haven’t seen a 370mm what are the discs from, did you use a off the shelf bracket for the callipers or custom made.

·
Registered
AUDI RSQ3 Sportback F3
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I am eyeing stage 3 too. Don’t want any regrets down the road. I know I will want the big turbo later lol.
I would recommend TTE700 if you don't want to build your engine just like mine :D You can run TTE700 with lower torque on 98RON without any problem but custom tune will be required.

·
Registered
AUDI RSQ3 Sportback F3
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I’ve seen 356mm used but haven’t seen a 370mm what are the discs from, did you use a off the shelf bracket for the callipers or custom made.
370mm is local made here in Taiwan call "HHC BRAKE". They have 370mm brake discs, brackets as a kit available. Items in picture below are what I took out from the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would recommend TTE700 if you don't want to build your engine just like mine :D You can run TTE700 with lower torque on 98RON without any problem but custom tune will be required.
Yeah that's what I am thinking.. I am happy with 600HP flat. very happy :LOL:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was also checking on sway bars. it seems our sway bar is kind of weird. The rear is TTRS (034) and front is Tiguan (H&R 27mm was found, don't seem to see Eibach).

·
Registered
7 Posts

My local tvs guy thinks my 21 is not available, I would think is the same as your 20. Asking TVS directly, but not getting anything back yet.
FYI, just got confirmation TVS is ok with RSQ3.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
MTM in Germany have an RSQ3 F3 upgrade that gives over 612PS minimum.

·
Registered
AUDI RSQ3 Sportback F3
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
FYI, just got confirmation TVS is ok with RSQ3.
My local TVS dealer told me the same yesterday ;)

I will get TVS instead of UNI because custom tune is preferred to me as I have special request of 2500RPM gear change on D mode. Also, UNI does not have good support here in my country so I don't want to check with local dealer on my TCU software. You can go with UNI if your local UNI dealer has good support and the TCU file you want. I believe it will work just fine.

MTM in Germany have an RSQ3 F3 upgrade that gives over 612PS minimum.
I believe there are many who can do that with turbo upgrade. The 5 cylinders engine is just too brilliant, with stage 2 engine software & hardware you can have almost 600HP if you have acess of E85 fueling available in your area. Currently mine is around 550WHP (98RON without meth) according to the experience of my DS1 tuner but I will dyno my car just to prove after my meth setup done. Hopefully we can see close to 600WHP, which is my final goal :love:

41 - 60 of 68 Posts