Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

Registered
My local TVS dealer told me the same yesterday ;)

I will get TVS instead of UNI because custom tune is preferred to me as I have special request of 2500RPM gear change on D mode. Also, UNI does not have good support here in my country so I don't want to check with local dealer on my TCU software. You can go with UNI if your local UNI dealer has good support and the TCU file you want. I believe it will work just fine.

I believe there are many who can do that with turbo upgrade. The 5 cylinders engine is just too brilliant, with stage 2 engine software & hardware you can have almost 600HP if you have acess of E85 fueling available in your area. Currently mine is around 550WHP (98RON without meth) according to the experience of my DS1 tuner but I will dyno my car just to prove after my meth setup done. Hopefully we can see close to 600WHP, which is my final goal :love:
Thinking of doing using uniconnect myself and swapping between stage1/2 files.. Asking them now.

Premium Member
RSQ3 Sportback F3
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Currently my RSQ3 is still in tuning process but I can already see how DS1 provide such powerful tool to our 2.5T platform, I am happy to say that my wastegate rattle (every 5 cylinders engine has it from factory) issue has been solved. Also, start / stop function has been turned OFF using DS1 software without any hardware / cable install. Another very good feature from DS1 is that, it can change the values that factory V/C gauge is showing- POWER & TORQUE. I now have intake air temp instead of POWER and boost instead of TORQUE.

Here is a short video showing how intake air temp in POWER gauge and boost in TORQUE gauge looks

This is logging tool to see how the car performs and understand car's health, very cool 馃ぉ

That ENGINE BAY 馃槏馃槏馃槏

Super Moderator
A bit full, innit? :)

• Haha
Reactions: scott25rsq3sb

Premium Member
RSQ3 Sportback F3
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
a little update..

Car is in the shop since last Monday doing TVS stage 3 DSG software and water meth install, should be all done this Saturday. I cannot wait to try stage3 TVS DSG and hopefully drivability improves a lot.

Meth install is quite complicated as it required ECU wiring as well as removing intake manifold so it takes almost two weeks to get it done.

Intake manifold removed and ready for drilling for water jets install.

Water jets installed

The sixth water jet at APR throttle pipe

almost done. Looking NICE :cool:

20L custom water tank should be enough for this meth setup with a lot of spray :ROFLMAO:

Super Moderator
Very impressive. In the tuning world what's the view of the longevity of the EA855 EVO engine now that steel cylinder liners are not used? In the previous gen engine there seemed to be a bit more of a margin for error, now with super light-weight, almost skirt-less pistons running in coated aluminum bores excessive temp/pressure/loading is likely to have catastrophic consequences.

Premium Member
RSQ3 Sportback F3
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Very impressive. In the tuning world what's the view of the longevity of the EA855 EVO engine now that steel cylinder liners are not used? In the previous gen engine there seemed to be a bit more of a margin for error, now with super light-weight, almost skirt-less pistons running in coated aluminum bores excessive temp/pressure/loading is likely to have catastrophic consequences.
There is a TON of people tuning this engine so I wouldn't worry too much as I followed the safety rule of tuning, and the most important is torque that cannot exceed 700NM and has to be smooth climbing up top. All information I am getting from here Facebook groups and mainly they are talking about our engine EA855 EVO.
  • AUDI 8锔廦/V/S RS3/TTRS/S3/MK7/R THE DISTRIkT
  • Dyno Spectrum DS1 RS3/TTRS/RSQ3 2.5T DAZA/DNWA

There is a risky way to play with this engine but also have a safe way, since I don't chase big power or numbers, I asked my tuner to tune my engine not too aggressive but must be very easy to drive. IMO, smooth and reliable car is what I care more than just impressive numbers (0-100kph, 100-200kph). Currently, my car is a lot better on driving experience, throttle response improved, no more wastegate rattle. I love this car more now not because power is more but drivability improved to what I want. I did dyno my car to see the power & torque but that is just an achievement for myself to see the difference after all these modification I have done.

Premium Member
RSQ3 Sportback F3
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Bought a set of Recaro seat, sliding rail and seat subframe. Installed and found out that the seat height is higher than stock RS seat about 3cm. 馃槕馃槕馃槕 Since I am 188cm tall, my head is very close to roof, almost touch. Have to take out the Recaro subframe and send them out for modification.

Premium Member
RSQ3 Sportback F3
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
Finally both seat frame has been modified with lower position. Seats installed and looks so NICE 馃槏

Added a performance screen/gauge bTres, what a tool to get better understanding of the car is performing.

Since my tuning file finished last week, I brought my car to dyno On Sat and see what numbers the car is able to reach. We got 614WHP and 669NM!! I am super satisfied 馃ぉ

Dyno sheet here:
Fully stock engine with zero modification

Stage 3 hardware and software

Here are videos when dynoing

Exhaust sound is SO loud when full throttle, did not expect that, thought stock no-sport exhaust should be quiet.

Super Moderator
Impressive Scott! What's the auxiliary display below the switch panel in your car?

Premium Member
RSQ3 Sportback F3
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

Super Moderator
Thanks!

Premium Member
RSQ3 Sportback F3
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
a little update :D

made two L brackets for the bTres screen gauge, since bTres they don't make brakcet for RSQ3 just TTRS / RS3.

I also made dyno simulation runs using bTres, really nice tool for people who want to know upgrade before and after. But some car parameters has to be inserted correctly, otherwise power output would be wrong like mine :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Still trying to find a correct parameter of mine

Basically the performance part of the car is done, I have got the power what I want at the beginning but did not expect 600WHP up thanks to this brilliant ea855evo engine. Car pulls really hard when full throttle, and dirve like stock but much better throttle response with light gas pedal, which is difficult to believe this is an almost 1.8 tons SUV, so nimble.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts