Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Q3 in spring this year and as there was no Satellite Navigation fitted to it, I decided to make do with Google Maps. The only problem with this was that the voice on this system went off after a couple of miles(I got my children & friend's to try to resolve this, without success) So, out came my old Garmin device, which was brought back into service, this is fine but takes a bit of time to set up. I thought I would check up the cost of getting it fitted into my car by an Audi dealer in Lancashire or further afield. After various quotes between £650 and £500, I finally found an Audi dealer that could do the job for, what I think was a reasonable (£370) albeit expensive in itself I am going ahead with it. I like my Q3 very much as it does everything I have asked of it, so to me, its worth the expense.
David Ousey.

·
Super Moderator
3,723 Posts
Well done David - glad you are enjoying the Q3, yup Audi dealer only and that's a good price.

Reactions: David Ousey

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I hope my concern is wrong, but does that include all the mapping?
Even the SD cards are around £250 aren’t they?
God knows what the built in one costs.

·
Super Moderator
3,723 Posts
I hope my concern is wrong, but does that include all the mapping?
Even the SD cards are around £250 aren’t they?
God knows what the built in one costs.
the 8U 3gMMI+ Sat nav upgrades are about £70 - Richard Hamilton, sometimes found in these parts recommended this firm, I did mine twice. [email protected] vag-technik [email protected]

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The quote that I got was for complete fitment into my Q3. I was told that my car was already part fitted for this to be done.

·
Super Moderator
3,723 Posts
The quote that I got was for complete fitment into my Q3. I was told that my car was already part fitted for this to be done.
David, there are two types of SatNav in the 8U Q3:

1) The SD card version that you have - the car already has the the aerial and wiring installed.

2) A much more sophisticated navigation system (3gMMI+) that was specified as the Technology Pack option WB4, this is based on a hard disk drive, copy n paste from the Audi pricelist:

"includes HDD-based MMI Satellite Navigation Plus, Mobile telephone preparation – High with Audi Connect and colour
Driver’s Information System (9Q8). HDD-based MMI Satellite Navigation Plus includes the following: navigation data saved on hard disk drive,
high-resolution 7” colour display screen with high-quality map view. Map with topographical shading and many points-of-interest and city models
shown in 3D. A choice of three alternative routes can be selected where possible. Includes a rotary button with integrated joystick function for
searching in the map. Route information is displayed on a split screen (route instructions, points-of-interest along motorways, TMC traffic reports
en route). Detailed intersection map and lane recommendations. Dynamic route guidance using TMC traffic information. Navigation address can
be input using the voice control system. Route arrow instructions displayed in colour in the Driver’s Information System. Includes full European
map data and 7-digit postcode recognition. Also includes a hard disk drive jukebox function which can be used to store up to 20GB of music
(MP3, WMA, AAC and MPEG4 compatible) and a DVD drive for playing music and video DVDs (when the car is stationary). The MMI Satellite
Navigation Plus can be operated via the MMI controls, multi-function steering wheel or voice control system. Audi Connect provides access to
a number of innovative online services via an internal UMTS (3G) module. Audi Connect online services include: navigation using Google Earth
images™ and Google Street View™, destination entry via Google Maps™ or myAudi, online points-of-interest search and information services
such as weather forecasts and the latest world news. Audi Connect also includes Audi traffic information online, which gives accurate real-time
forecasts of the traffic situation along the chosen route. The traffic situation can be displayed on the navigation map or Google Earth image™.
Audi Connect can also create a Wi-Fi hotspot in the car for convenient internet access using a mobile device (e.g. laptop or tablet).

Many Audi Connect features can be simply operated via MMI Satellite Navigation Plus, the multi-function steering wheel or the voice control system"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts