Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

Sat Nav

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rontheman 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a Q3 but without the Sat nav and I was wondering if there is a way to use the TomTom/copilot or Waze from my iphone but to make it appear on the screen under the navigation menu?
I can get the video to play on the MMI from my iphone but I was wondering if the Navigation can as well.
i know its a long shot but I thought i would ask the question

#2 ·
I think it's about as long a shot asexpecting the UK to be annexed to, say North Koreawithin 6 months.What you are asking is to play an Android or iphone app on the Audi operating system. The point being that the Audiplatformwould need to beagnostic on whetherWaze was operating on iphone or Android (or Nokia, Windows mobile, Blackberry OS or whatever).My opinion on the possibility? Put your money on Dear Leader Cameron! Just my opinion!The reason Audi can read video is that the video is in a universal format (mpeg or whatever), same with audio in mp3 format (there may be others). Waze will have been rewritten for each separate mobile phone platform (iphone, Android etc).However, fast forward a few years, and there is a good chance that Waze may be implemented on the Audi platform, as well as on other cars, in some form. After all, the current traffic implementation on Audi is from Inrix, a competitor of Waze. http://hothardware.com/News/INRIX-XD-Traffic-Brings-Connected-Services-To-Audi-Vehicles/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.