Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

Sat Nav upgrade.

14K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  RSQ3John 
#1 ·
How do you upgrade to 2019?
My current sat Nav is on 2016 SD Card.

#2 ·
Im not 100% sure but I think you have to buy a new map SD card and have it matched to your vehicle which can only be done by Audi dealership, don’t be tempted by cheep eBay ones.

#3 ·
Spot on Chippie, in all respects. There's only one way you can do this. Get a current SD card from an Audi main dealer (Crewe Audi give us excellent pricing on stuff like this) and get your local Audi dealer to register it to your vehicle for you.

Don't fer krissakes be conned by any of the cheap ones on offer on FleaBay (other sources of dodgy stuff are available) as they will either be illegal copies or have already been registered to another vehicle. Either way you're screwed as they simply won't work for your car.

Reactions: Gtfire999
#5 ·
Hi

Looking to enable Sat Nav on our 2016 Q3. What does this typically cost from a main dealer?

Prices seem to vary between £300 and £600. If you bought the car from a main dealer and have the servicing done there, could be a slim chance of matching the lower price.
If you don't mind not having the latest maps you may find a dealer with an 'old stock' map and activation package. A dealer may charge an hours labour to install

example - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...268660&hash=item41fe51e7be:g:w4oAAOSwQQlaL8U5

Cheers Spike

#6 ·
There is a sat nav shop online ( google search. SatNaviShop) that sells the software for a DIY upgrade. I phoned them as I was very apprehensive, he seemed very genuine and helpful so I risked a purchase. I thought about it for a few days, read the ( very clear ) instructions a few times, did more searches and found other near identical instructions. I carried out a full VCDS scan and printed it off, fingers crossed and made a start.

I have the 3G Plus MMI with the sat nav on the Hard Drive, I can understand the high cost the main dealers charge as the process takes 4 hours to complete. It is all done from SD cards and managed by the hidden green menu, Step 1 is to update the firmware ( 10 mins) Step 2 is remove old maps ( you can leave them but it can cause a problem later) 15 mins. Step 3 Install the 2019 maps, this is the long part, over 3 hours but almost fully automatic. Step 4 Activation of new maps , The instructions said my old activation may still work and that was true. Final checks and a short drive and the everything was working fine.

Essential to have the battery on a charger during the process.

Sending destinations to the car via my Audi App works great, and there are many more POI,s in the new maps.

Total cost £50.

I agree its a risk so great care and thought needed, I know the software and instructions I have work and willing to lend out locally ( Stamford Area Only ) and carry out a VCDS scan for you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.