Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of a new Q3 about 6 months ago and have been frustrated by the Sat Nav`s inability to make us aware of traffic problems, which when you use the M25 and surrounding roads, is most days.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I suppose there may be a setting somewhere that I have missed, but both my 18 year old son and I have been through it a number of times. At the stage now where my wife who uses the car on her daily commute is looking to purchase an after market Sat Nav or indeed use her iPhone and some suitable app.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Our previous car was a MBenz with Comand navigation and what an excellent system that was, it is staggering that two prestige companies can sell expensive navigation options that offer completely different experiences.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Any help would be appreciated.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Mark

·
Registered
192 Posts
Have you switched on the TP button on the radio?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Mark, do you also have TMC on? I have the SD card based SatNav and have to say it picks up the traffic holdups no problem. It's always telling me there are problems on the M62
. Seriously, it does seem to work for me and shows where hold ups are on the routes I take. If I am in an area where the TMC icon is showing as not available then the traffic problems don't show on the map.

·
Registered
518 Posts
markred. In order to display traffic info, it needs to have been selected within map content.To check,please go into Nav Settings, select map content, and check if Traffic info has been ticked. If it has been, and there are still no traffic problems displayed, then it is likely a software problem.Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi rontheman,
I did check the traffic settings within the Nav settings over the weekend and all seemed to be OK apart from `alternative routes` which I have now enabled. All TMC seems to be configured OK.
If TMC is something you know about perhaps you could help me with the Sat Nav `lite` I have in my A3 (no display) TMC is always crossed out and has never changed no matter where I am in the country.

·
Registered
518 Posts
TMC operates via the FM radio. Usually there is a second dedicated radio tuner in the system, which picks up a dedicated radio channel transmitting the tmc data. This used to be Classic FM (and may well still be!!) but the actual channel used is not that important. The only important thing is that the dedicated channel must be a national radio station (for obvious reasons). The frequency may change via the RDS part of the system as you move across the country, but it needs to be the same national carrier, like BBC Radio 2, or Classic FM. LBC or Capital 97.3 won't do, because they aren't available in Brimingham or Glasgow, regardless of the actual radio frequency.I am not familiar with satnav lite in the A3, so cannot comment with any specific knowledge. But if TMC is always crossed out, it suggests either that a settings option hasn't been activated, or there is a system fault. Usually if TMC is crossed out it means the car is out of range of a TMC signal or that TMC is not being transmitted at that precise time, but if you have never had an active TMC transmission, then it suggests either a settings error or a system error. I assume you have checked the manual on this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts