Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, picked up our new Q3 few days ago and living it.
Only problem at moment (If it is a problem) is with the sat nav.
It's an SD card one. If you put the post code in, it doesn't then let you input a street name - you can only choose "centre". Likewise if u out a street name in, I can then add a house number.
I'm comi g from a TT so know how the system works - bit is this normal with this type of say nav?

Thanks

Jay

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's the same on mine, if you put in the postcode it just takes you to that area. If I want an exact street or house number I do not use the post code. On my previous cars you could put in the postcode then pick the house number, just seems an Audi thing!

·
Registered
137 Posts
..and it doesn't even know my house number, but then it was only built 10 years ago!!! Same on my Q5.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mines just the same, I really should sit down with the manual and workout how to use it properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my Q3 but am finding the satnav horrific tbh. It's routing plans make no sense whatsover. Mine is set to the fastest route but it insists on taking me on the most ridiculous detours which I know are longer and slower.

As an example last week I drove from Luton to central London and the satnav insisted on taking me via the M1, M25 & M4. When I ignored it and went the way I know (straight down the M1) it sliced 15 miles and about 25 minutes off the journey.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of bizarre routing?!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Sounds like the routing criteria are set wrong - on balance, I've found the SatNav to be pretty good ?

·
Registered
563 Posts
hertsQ3 said:
I love my Q3 but am finding the satnav horrific tbh. It's routing plans make no sense whatsover. Mine is set to the fastest route but it insists on taking me on the most ridiculous detours which I know are longer and slower.

As an example last week I drove from Luton to central London and the satnav insisted on taking me via the M1, M25 & M4. When I ignored it and went the way I know (straight down the M1) it sliced 15 miles and about 25 minutes off the journey.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of bizarre routing?!
When you've set the route it normally gives you different options on the right hand of the screen, you can scroll these up and down to select a preference.

·
Registered
93 Posts
S sat nav in my Q3 is very good - far superior to the Garmin I previously used.It does need to be told your persomal requirements for it to deliver.RegardsMal

·
Registered
9 Posts
HiPresumably you bought what you thought was a 7 digit post code system as per the brochure - like I didMinehas been shipped withonly a 5 digit system, and so has problems with national trust properties, industrial estates etc.It took me a while to realise what theissue was, because most of the time I create a navigation address from contacts on my I phone, which includes the full addressDo you have the same problemI'm currently trying to resolve this withAudiHQ. They claim it is not possible to upgrade to the 7 digit version.I don't know if other purchasers have had this issue

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
In a word - no. I don't recall ever coming aross this problem, either. When did you buy your Q3, and was it new?

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I have the Tech Pack and it definitely has 7digit post codes.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've had my Q3 for just over 3 months and had no issues. SD Nav works better than my previous A3 RNS-E DVD navigation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered march 2012
Delivered September 2012
Paid £495 for the sd system
Brochure dated dec 2011 states 7 digit post code sat nav

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought new - Dec 2011 brochure states 7 digit post code recognitionOrdered March 2012Delivered September 2012I am told new vehicles have 7 digit systems, but an upgrade is not availableHave any other buyers had this issue?

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Contact Audi UK if the dealer won't help. If the 2011 brochure states 7-digit then that's what you ordered and were not supplied. Sale of goods act covers this nicely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The local dealer has been extremely helpful. It took a while to realise what the issue was. Sale of Goods act was my first thought - but if audi claim that upgrade is impossible, then that remedy doesn't existI'm trying to find out if there is a technical reason why an upgrade is impossible, or whether it is a licensing issue which makes it cheaper to buy me off with £250I was hoping to find other purchasers in the same position

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
My previous Audi A4 had a satnav with the 5 digit postcode system. I thought that those old units were no longer used before the Q3 was introduced on the market. It almost seems like they had a stock of these to get rid of so stuck them on the Q3. Im sorry I can't be more help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I guess mine was an early car - I did get a rebate from Audi UK, but they said a fix wasn't possible because it was a hardware issue - I'd have believed firmware

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Thought I read the earlier sat-navs recognise 7 digit postcodes but only accept manual input.Is this correct.

Cheers Spike

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
We talked this one through in another fairly recent thread, where a member thought he had a 5-digit SAT/NAV fitted but was unaware of the switch between letter and number input needed to put in certain postcodes.

As far as anyone can ascertain, the SD SAT/NAV has always been 7-digit and never actually changed but a number of folk thought it was 5-digit having not noticed (or read in the manual) the need to sometimes change manually from letters to numbers or vice-versa.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts