Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been to Leicester Audi, and they had a lovely blue Q3 in the showroom - So I asked if this was a new colour range... No, it's one of the "Special" colours "Sarpong"- at a cost of £2,500 !!!

And it's been applied to a standard S-line - no leather seats or any other obvious desirable options?

I may be wrong, but surely if you are happy to pay that much for a paint finish, you'd probably want leather seats too, not just standard cloth?

Now if this colour was one of the standard ones, I'd have ordered it... not sure it's worth £2,500 ?

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Me too! Cobalt blue is lovely in bright sunlight when the car's clean, but under any other conditions it's just.......black. £2.5K is a bit bloody steep though.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I agree, Jules, I love the pearly purple special paint but not paying 2.5k for it. I'd say the garage ordered that colour as from a distance it looks like the new RS that's coming out - so will encourage people to order those. Fab colour though!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting point Snobaby - it's certainly an eye-catching colour!

they had a really nice dark Purple (Black Cherry ??) coloured A5 - and that looked good too - again, it was a special order colour.

I love Leicester Audi - the girl on reception knows me now as "the man who drives the nice coloured Q3...."

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm getting a bit worried about my Cobalt Blue order, now. Does it really look black most of the time? I particularly dislike black cars. Makes me think of hearses

·
Registered
184 Posts
It looks good, but for £2500 I'd want something that made a bit more of a statement than that. Anyone who didn't know would probably just assume it was just another 'blue' car.I'd go for something a little brighter - say...... orange! That would be worth 2.5k - oh no! Apparently Audi do an orange one as standard!

·
Registered
304 Posts
The ones I like are Samtviolett or Merlin but I shall be hanging onto the cash and have ordered glacier white - although my 2 year old has informed the salesperson she wants orange!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Having checked the Q3 web-site, I assume the Blue pictured here is "Sprintblau Perleffekt"

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
£2,500 for French Blue nah, better to spend on leather, sunroof, s-tronic, 177 engine,quattro, etc etc
Mine is Prussian Blue Metallic, well a subtle change from black, just needs the bling sidesteps fitting that will highlight it. 2.0 TDI quattro SE 177PS - fab S tronic - really good - to pootle or if in the mood be Lewis Ham or Seb Vettel... Led interior, hill hold assist electric door mirrors elec and heated front seats - a must - hill descent control Milano grey leather -super- privacy glass - through load facility no smoking pack - raised boot floor pics to follow soon. Love the auto and flappy paddles 7 gears are great........... At 71 motoring still gives me great fun, lets face it I can hardly walk nowadays... and Quattro has 5 stablemates ..!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts