Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admit I was warned about the hard ride on the S-Line but wondered if there is any way it can be adjusted to make it a bit softer!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you have the damper control option you can set it to comfort mode.

·
Super Moderator
1,708 Posts
Geezer said:
If you have the damper control option you can set it to comfort mode.
I doubt if he has ordered it. Most buyers go for Standard, S line or Drive Select combined with damper control. Not S line with damper control (waist of money
)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks but I don't have that option
Was hoping there might be a mechanical adjustment .....

·
Registered
201 Posts
You could replace your shocks, either with stock from the dealer or you could go for some OEM shocks like the Koni FSD's, (frequency selective dampening/hard when cornering, soft over bumps) still expensive though, cheapest I could find for a Q3 were £546 inc vat. That would give you decent handling whilst ironing out a lot of the bumps.

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/koni-fsd-damper-kits/audi/q3.html

You would need to check what this would do to your warranty though!

·
Super Moderator
1,708 Posts
brianmoss20 said:
Thanks but I don't have that option
Was hoping there might be a mechanical adjustment .....
The only option left (least expensive) is to change the dampers to a little bit softer ones. You keep that way the lowering of the Q3 and do not hit the road surface to easy. Perhaps you can 'swap' with someone who want's to have the S line dampers and has the 'standard' dampers on his Q3.
If you try this, check first if the other (standard) dampers will fit on yours.

User Contrition was quicker and more complete with his answer. I agree with him 100%.

Edited by: audidriver4ever

1 - 6 of 6 Posts