Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, a newbie here, hopefully picking up the new Q3 a week on saturday - can't wait.Just a quick question.We've ordered an S-line spec car, do you have to ask for the lowered S-line suspension if you want it or does it come with it?When ordering the car, the dealer said it came with it, but you can request not to have it.Looking at the brochure today it says the S-line suspension is available as a no cost option.The final spec that I signed when finalising the order does't have the s line suspension on there.So will the car come with it or not, thats my question??
Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
9 Posts
I understood not and that you would have to specify if you want to have it lowered. Pick mine up either Saturday or Monday pending when the little one wants to say hello to the world.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Not sure if I'm a bit cheesed off with the salesman now, as we wanted the sline suspension.
On the other hand though, a few people have said its a bit harsh and prefer the normal set up. We've gone for the 140 TDi Quattro.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi JayI have on order an S line too - it comes with lower stiffer suspension as default UNLESS yourequest the SE suspension.Mal

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think Mal is correct, that's what the dealer told me.

My car is a dealer pre order so I couldn't change the spec even if I wanted too. I've driven the sport suspesion with 18inch wheels and ththat was excellent, I'm just hoping the 19 inch won't ruin the ride.

Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Hopefully it will have the lowered suspension then. Mind you the dealers don't always know their stuff like they make out they do. My dealer said the Q3 was made in Germany, somewhere I read it was made in Spain!

Jay

·
Registered
137 Posts
Shows you what a girl I am - I have S line, but have no idea which suspension I have!!!
I think it's made in the SEAT factory in Spain

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys,

I just recently ordered my Q3 S-line and I was under the impression that you had to specify the lowered suspension. The brochure shows an order code of 'UC3', and lowered suspension isn't available on SE models, so it would suggest that you have to specify it on the S-line.
Might be wise if if we contact our dealers tomorrow!

Good luck

Jon

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the s.line , if you want the lower suspension you have to ask , otherwise it comes without ,

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If you go through the configurator it's a no cost option to add on. I had the joy of 3 bm msport years with their lower and much stiffer suspension, maybe in Germany but the roads here will not be much fun. Test drive it though, i'm maybe just getting old

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi
Picked up my Q3S Line on the 1st March, If you want the lower suspension then you do have to ask for it as no cost option.

Must just add, I was getting concerned about the reports on here about 'wheel wobble' I am happy to report no such problems 500 miles in with my new baby, a week on from getting her and i'm still peeping out of the window at the caribou brown beauty sitting on my drive.

One very happy chappy here :)

Garry

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Just noticed some pics of your car on the site Gary, dunno how i missed em but what a cracking looking car in the brown

Are you still having the quick look back everytime you park it, i still do after 5 months

Some folk think the q3 is dull looking, boring even but imo it's got a classy look that won't date. A bit like myself

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi WhiteyGot to disagree - based on the salesman's pitch when I ordered an S line.Hemade me awarethe S line is lower by about 20mm with stiffer suspension, but that I could have the SE suspension at no extra cost if I requested this at the time of ordering.This gives me the impression that lower and stiffer is the default unless you state otherwise.Out of interest, did you have to request?Regards Mal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Mal, so have you got the s line suspension?
It's not at all clear is it.
Going by the wording in the brochure, you have to specify it if you want it.
But in my view if you order the s line package it should come with the lowered suspension u less you opt out.

Jay

·
Registered
100 Posts
No , standard suspension , you have to ask for the lowered version , I was made aware of it but said no .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Gary, so did you mention the wobble to the salesman when you picked the car up or didn't you bother. I'm due to pick mine up either tomorrow or Monday, not sure if I should mention...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mal - Salesman has got it wrong which wouldn't be a first!

On all S Line models (not just Q3), the lowered sports suspension USED to be standard. Now it is a no cost option and must be specified on the order otherwise you get the 'normal' suspension.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi ctroy

I didnt mention it, I did take it out for a test drive prior to signing any paperwork though.

It would appear that its only a very small percentage that suffer from the 'wobble' affliction, I'm sure yours will be fine, I worried for nothing, I love the car and yes reilsab, I do keep trying to catch my reflection when driving it.

As for the colour, the pictures just dont do it justice,every single person that has seen it has commented on what a great colour it is, in the brochure it looks flat an (sorry for saying it) poo like colour, but in reality its deep metallic and bright, I LOVE IT !!!

I was going to give it its first wash tomorrow but it looks like we are getting some more white stuff so will have to postpone the wash and brush up for now.

Garry

·
Registered
93 Posts
SteveW and WhiteyI stand corrected after reading the latest Q3 brochure.In my defence, I repeated in my earlier forum post what the salesmantold me......lesson learned.Mal

1 - 20 of 20 Posts