Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , ordered new Q3 s.line, but just read about dynamic suspension .lowering of 20mm . Is this free option any good ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi there

I also have s line but didn't bother with the lowered suspension as it made the ride firmer and the whole point of getting the q3 for me was comfort and refinement. I guess it depends what you are looking for

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiAll Q3's come with Dynamic suspension, the S Line has ano cost sports suspension option this lowers the car by 20cm and probably gives a harder ride.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Horses for courses really. My previous sports suspension on 2 x A3 S-lines made me opt out on my Q3 since I found the ride too harsh on local roads. I am getting on a bit though and perhaps if younger would be more amenable to a firmer sportier ride. I think the standard suspension is more forgiving although it still seems to swing around corners without too much roll or bother. I see that you are thinking about 19" wheels - if you believe the blurb this will make the ride even firmer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I drove both back to back so could compare and it definitely made the ride harsher on the UK's bumpy roads with no real noticeable improvement in handling IMHO.

·
Registered
563 Posts
At the time the Q3 was released most car magazine reviews said stick to the standard suspension.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Agree, I'd stick with standard suspension. Sports suspension used to be standard on s line cars, then they made standard suspension an option as most people found the ride to firm. Now they make it standard suspension as standard with the sports suspension as an option(as most people wre ordering with standard suspension). My A4 sline sports suspension was way too firm on bumpy uk roads. I used to get out with backache

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my with it... as it's not that harsh or firm compared to previous vehicles I have owned and to be honest for me I like to feel more connected with the road.

The standard suspension was fine just didn't give the feedback on the road I wanted. I would imagine if you were a senior driver or have problems with your back then of course the softer ride and comfort you would need. It is noticeable but NOT a bone shaker.

Also I thought that you had to ask for it as per the AUDI UK website and brochure as it states as a 'no cost option' and yet at the Audi Dealer it's in complete reverse on their system it seems and unless you state you don't want it, it's ordered anyway with the S-line package. I argued this point but it's true the salesman stated that they had to click it as 'off' so it's not ordered.

I'm pretty clued up with cars as I've own over 40 in the pass 20 years and so I tend to look out for the details with everything I order. I wonder how many owners have ordered an Q3 S-line and never knew about the sports suspension and have it with their Q3 but don't know.

Edited by: Q3S_Glacier

·
Registered
302 Posts
Q3S_Glacier said:
I'm pretty clued up with cars as I've own over 40 in the pass 20 years and so I tend to look out for the details with everything I order. I wonder how many owners have ordered an Q3 S-line and never knew about the sports suspension and have it with their Q3 but don't know.

I know very little about cars although I've been driving since 1973 - but I did read the brochure thoroughly and our Audi salesman went through all the options with us. As with any other expensive purchase, you should always read the 'small print'
And - no - we didn'twant the sports suspension.

Edited by: Bambi

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It comes without unless you ask , the salesman said not many ordered it .

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's what I thought.
But the salesman said the option to have it on their system is automatically 'ON' with an order, he would have to click the option 'OFF' as to not have it with the order. He said to me that it is strange and yes different to the website and brochure.
I suppose the salesman would click the option 'OFF' if the customer has NOT asked to have Sports suspension. Because I do I assume this is the reason he said he didn't have to do anything etc.
This is a Audi Listers Group I'm dealing with.
Edited by: Q3S_Glacier

1 - 12 of 12 Posts