Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Has anyone bought any third-party rubber floor mats for their Q3 yet? With the winter coming on I think it's a shame to muddy the velour ones so I have been looking at the rubber mats offered by Audi. They are expensive as you might expect (£56 a full set), and they do not have a quality look to them. I have seen some tailor-made ones for sale on the internet which look better and cost less but wondered if anyone can recommend a place to look.

Edited by: Keeper

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Keeper,Be wary of some 3rd party mats.I purchased a set recently,when unpacked they felt a bit flimsy, but decided to give them the benefit of doubt and fitted to front foot wells.First problem the holes that locate on the floor studs were not aligned.Not only that,they did not "click"on studs but simply sat over,this could cause the mats to unhook and move,not good.The full set were £28I decided to take them back for a refund.Went to Audi and got just a pair of fronts which is OK for me.Really good quality heavy rubber,excellent fit with a nice rim upturn round the edges,which should keep puddles etc well contained.Got a bit of discount and paid £30.A bit dear but they should last forever.Having said all that,there are probably dozens of good 3rd party mats out there.Just be fussy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
No Dinkum, but if you do buy them and they are decent it would be good to know. I was looking at mine at the weekend and they are starting to look grubby.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Contrition said:
No Dinkum, but if you do buy them and they are decent it would be good to know. I was looking at mine at the weekend and they are starting to look grubby.
The genuine Audi ones are a great product although you may pay more for them. I had the same ones but by VW inmy Tiguan & they looked just as good 4 years later when I gave them to my father in law, thats why I went for the genuine article again. Quality rubber, real good fit & good for collecting all that dirt & wet.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I also went for the Audi rubber mats in my Q3. I also have a A1 and have had the Audi rubber mats in that car for 18 months and a good wash down and they are nearly as good as new. As the carpets do not get damp, the car still smelt new even after 12 months. The only complaint is from my wife as they scratch the heels of her shoes........ . I agree with the comments from Wal- Sturdy and a good fit!

In the grand scheme of things, for a few quid extra I would go for the genuine Audi mats.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, it looks like it's going to be the Audi ones then.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks, that decides it for me, Audi it is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good move,you guys will not be disappointed.Just ask for a bit of discount,they can only say no!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Stumbled onto this thread yesterday. Audi have now relieved me of £30. To be honest to keep the cars carpets from getting misshaped over the winter months I think it's a bargain, plus when you come to sell the Q3 or hand it back you can always re sell them.

I have a 7 year A3 sport model that had rubber mats and they still looked great after 7 years of hard use. Sometimes quality far out-ways cost...

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bought a set of generic 4 rubber mats from Tesco for £12.50 and trimmed to fit, back and passenger side great but drivers could be slightly better - don't really mind though as the amount of water around at the moment it's money well spent!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts