Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just read the RSQ3 review in this months Car Magazine. It is not a good review due to price and comfort. How can they get the RS6 so right yet the RSQ3 so wrong?

·
Registered
352 Posts
There was a mini review in Autocar too and it basically read like the reviews for the old one. Tall, fast hot hatch with a dimwitted gearbox.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I do get the feeling from the reviews that the high end RS Audi cars have reached the edge of perfection, my departed B9 RS4 being the perfect example in that having a car that is fabulous at everything doesn't actually give you a vehicle with character. I haven't driven the latest RSQ3 but would like to hope it would still be a bit raw, like it's predecessor with the nagging doubt that it will try to kill you if not treated with respect. Our 8U RS' have great Stronic 'boxes so most likely the latest ones need software tweaks...still haven't seen one on the road.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've sat in one and had a nose around. Nice big boot, but very plasticky inside. Wasn't very interesting, tbh.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I've had a couple of unsolicited offers appear in my inbox with healthy discounts so suspect just like 8U they are hard to shift....who in their right mind would want a compact SUV with insane performance, horrendous fuel economy and high running costs anyway? Will be worth sitting on the fence - my 1st RSQ3 was bought at 9 months old/3,000 miles and had lost massive chunk of money...the difference would have bought a brand new A1 for cash.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Personally I trust this guy more than many renowned Magazines.

Apparently... they nailed it. I had little dobut about it... but yet it is nice to hear some realistic review. I certainly feel the same about some issues... I wouldn't buy an RS3 when I can buy an RSQ3 Sportback!

·
Registered
352 Posts
A particularly crap review by evo. I can't really find anything particularly negative in the text, but the result is 3 stars.

Jordan Katsianis comes across as a bit of a nob in every article I read that was written by him. Littered with grammar and factual errors. Look at the title of this earlier RS Q3 article...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Yeah a strange review, thanks for sharing Simon and yet he wrote:

" It adds up to an experience that feels authentic to what’s actually underneath the turbo blue bodywork. Rather than engineer its way out of these dynamic flaws with complicated tech like all-wheel steering or active differentials, the RSQ3 keeps a few rough edges that the driver can work around or exploit, giving it more depth and satisfaction than you’d expect.

This is upheld by a robust chassis that underpins the RSQ3 with a feeling of solidity and toughness. What about the weight? Well that’s always there, but whereas we’d usually lament an extra 200-odd kgs over its RS3 cousin, this again contributes to its character, less sterile than the hatch it’s based upon – albeit one that’s ultimately less competent and, with a stiff ride and a so-so cabin, not as well rounded.

.....{in comparison with a beemer/merc/Porsche}....... These three admittedly larger and less diverse SUVs are better everyday cars without doubt, but then none thrill like the Audi RSQ3 does when you’re working that engine to its fullest. "

Then to my mind you are looking at a really fun to drive car - Audi haven't thrown loads of tech like rear wheel steer and sport diffs but rather left something with character. Other testers have nagged Audi for so-so plastics quality in the door bins especially... It must be hard for these motoring journos to remain objective when they get to drive the continually evolving pinnacles of automotive design back-to-back. I also suspect if the preference is for the bum-close-to-the road race car experience i.e. RS3 then an elevated SUV, even a quick one is going to annoy.

Is it just me or is the RSQ3 Sportback's rear bumper seriously ugly????

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well whatever these journos write or think, a car is a very personal item and we all look for different apsects to satisfy our needs or wants. If you read as many reports as are available you can come to some sort of judgement, your own paper assessment. To me my car does just fine, I doubt if it will ever encroach on the red line or be pushed to the limit on country roads, but I like the fact that it has reserves when or if I need to use them and no need to drive like a lunatic to prove them.

The RSQ3 SB's rear bumper IS seriously ugly, IMHO.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts