Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
It’s fine in perfect light but deliberately restricting your vision seems crazy to me.
I wasn’t talking about filtering, which, as far as I am aware, is legal but pulling out of junctions.

We’ll agree to differ.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Have to say that I think tints are dangerous and and antisocial too. Trying to pull out of a unadopted driveway on to a road with cars parked left and right, which I have to do every day, often the only visibility to spot oncoming traffic is through car windows. And tints definitely make this task much worse. I suspect it's something with transmission being even less at oblique angles, but whatever it's at best a pain and at worst downright dangerous.

Reactions: Gromit

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
Precisely. They were restricted for a reason.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Precisely. They were restricted for a reason.
They’re restricted for one only reason : the police want to be able and see inside the front if people are armed and pointing at them. That’s it, guys.

Really liked the « anti-social » argument, though. Made me laugh. As if you were waving « hello » to every car you cross on the road. 🤣 thank you for the laugh. That will be my last comment on this subject. Nuff said.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
A mate of mine is a traffic officer...has said flash car plus tinted front windows is just asking to be stopped for a 'chat' even if everything is legal - just reason and all that - something or someone to hide. He also said that in the event of an RTA - aftermarket tints, even if legal, could cited as a 'contributory factor', simply not worth the risk.

As an aside - we don't get the option of not having rear privacy glass...the RSQ3 without it, to my eyes, looks much better - really shows the beautiful lines of the F3, Audi Press photo:

Reactions: PLF

·
Registered
863 Posts
They’re restricted for one only reason : the police want to be able and see inside the front if people are armed and pointing at them. That’s it, guys.
:rolleyes: I think you are in a different world to the rest of us.

Reactions: Gromit

·
Registered
937 Posts
Audi have designed the Q3 to adhere to local legislation. If you deviate from this then you have the potential to get stopped by the police. The standard tinting works and is still being considerate to other drivers. I would never change the tints on a window. If it's good enough for Audi then it's good enough for me. How about just enjoying the Q3 as it is.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts