Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That's them! 1x set is all you need (will actually be 8 pads - as each caliper has 4).
Thanks! That is a decent price then.. Wasn't sure if 8pads meant you needed 2 sets.

I got the dealer to confirm the wear on the discs outside the regular MOT,,, if worn he agreed to change the discs which is huge if not I am still thinking on purchasing and fitting these. Would it matter if the discs are not new?

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
It wouldn't - however the wear limit is just 1mm off each face...not a lot!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It wouldn't - however the wear limit is just 1mm off each face...not a lot!
Yeah I told him that multiple times and also said that the regular MOT mob will not be able to recognise this. Basically I said to him LIP = CHANGE.
Will see still waiting an outcome, he's done Haldex, gearbox, engine oil & filter, spark plugs so far..

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
The wear limit is stamped on the hub of the disc. Which car are you pursuing - the nice Daytona Grey?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The wear limit is stamped on the hub of the disc. Which car are you pursuing - the nice Daytona Grey?
Yes, I think almost everyone here pointed me out to that one and the colour & equipment are far nicer. I was hoping to go get it tomorrow but doubt this will happen now..
I keep looking online and I can hardly find any cars, it is definitely a pretty rare model.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Great! You'll enjoy it - a lot. Cars with real character, the sort that make you smile every day are rare.

Reactions: Ramaya

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
E27B0923-6379-4C36-A92C-F39E88D49BEA.jpeg

can’t really tell if there is a lip there any
thoughts? Dealer send me these, should I ask him if he felt a lip?

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Those discs are barely worn - no lip on the outer edge, There are wear indicators built into the surface of the disc too - see the top of the picture... the innermost (nearest the hub) vent hole - is actually a dimple? When they disappear - the discs require replacement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well about the only thing that was alright about this car was the front Brakes. I drove 560 miles in total today to see it and upon arrival, the car was far from what was described by the stealer. To mention a few issues, Mechanical: The car was pulling hard to the right, vibration at about 60-70mph, clicking noise when changing gears. Cosmetically one of the rear lights was broken, small tear on the rear seat, missing trim from when they had replaced the windscreen. Needless to say, I requested my deposit back and buggered off asap. Very unprofessional dealer clearly misrepresenting the car.. i would stay clear. In case it pops up the registration of it is WD14 YEE stay clear!

Back on the drawing board for the time being. Maybe if the right car pops up with a more flexible budget from my end.. will see.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry to hear that, what an exceptional waste of a day and money. Hopefully something close to the mark will come along soon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well about the only thing that was alright about this car was the front Brakes. I drove 560 miles in total today to see it and upon arrival, the car was far from what was described by the stealer. To mention a few issues, Mechanical: The car was pulling hard to the right, vibration at about 60-70mph, clicking noise when changing gears. Cosmetically one of the rear lights was broken, small tear on the rear seat, missing trim from when they had replaced the windscreen. Needless to say, I requested my deposit back and buggered off asap. Very unprofessional dealer clearly misrepresenting the car.. i would stay clear. In case it pops up the registration of it is WD14 YEE stay clear!

Back on the drawing board for the time being. Maybe if the right car pops up with a more flexible budget from my end.. will see.
Was this the Daytona Grey one with he better spec? Gutting to have made all that effort and disaaponted in every way... Chin up, one will pop up I'm sure, this one just want meant to be 👍

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Was this the Daytona Grey one with he better spec? Gutting to have made all that effort and disaaponted in every way... Chin up, one will pop up I'm sure, this one just want meant to be 👍
It was, and the pictures were definitely doctored or purposely picked. Had they not posted a misleading ad, I wouldn't have bothered. Dodged a bullet there,.. looking ahead though.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
That's so disappointing - as you say, dodged a bullet.

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
You might be doing the country a favour by mentioning who the Arfur Daley is, someone like that doesn't deserve to stay in business.

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
Hmm... call me old-fashioned but I never trust any business that doesn't even have a landline. Thanks Ramaya, hopefully it will help other members dodge a potential bullet!

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
240 Posts
Sorry for your wasted trip and I guess a very different journey home as opposed to the trip there! I also feel a little guilty pushing you towards it but nowhere near as much guilt the dealer should feel after that trip!
It seemed on paper a nice car and generally the RSQ3 is a looked after vehicle due to the enthusiastic owners!
I would say though I prefer to do my business through main dealers as, although I know its not a guaranteed experience, you do feel a little more reassured about the vehicle on offer and the comeback if you have a problem. I know you pay a premium for that but peace of mind is high up on my priority list.
At least one positive to take from it is you will know a good one now when you see it (y)

·
Registered
32 Posts
How much were you looking to spend out of interest, as the grey one is no longer on the dealers website and there is no price on the black one you had seen. Knowing what your budget is might allow others to keep their eyes open for vehicles you might be interested in perhaps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Sorry for your wasted trip and I guess a very different journey home as opposed to the trip there! I also feel a little guilty pushing you towards it but nowhere near as much guilt the dealer should feel after that trip!
It seemed on paper a nice car and generally the RSQ3 is a looked after vehicle due to the enthusiastic owners!
I would say though I prefer to do my business through main dealers as, although I know its not a guaranteed experience, you do feel a little more reassured about the vehicle on offer and the comeback if you have a problem. I know you pay a premium for that but peace of mind is high up on my priority list.
At least one positive to take from it is you will know a good one now when you see it (y)
Dont feel guilty at all, you all suggested what you thought was best i was the same. I would be a complete moron if i blamed anyone from here for this lol..

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Back to square one, but wiser so no bad thing. So what's the max budget now?

41 - 60 of 63 Posts