Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

Posting from Edinburgh here.

I'm looking into getting an RSQ3 potentially even as soon as Friday, I've scouted over the relevant threads here and can't find any major issues.

I've owned a 13'PFL S3 and then a 16'FL S3 I was mad in love with the first but never loved the second, but then changed to a GLE350d Blue Tech and that was a mistake, I was not ready for a boat.

Power wise 310 is plenty for now. Sound wise 5pot orchestra :love:

I am on the cheap end of the scale in terms off buying power (I like depreciated assets :unsure:).

I have found 2 cars:
RSQ3 Black 44k, Full Audi History, no Bose, 5 owners (sore point), Dealer is upfront and send me loads of information about the car.

RSQ3 Grey 46k, Mixed History, Bose, 3 owners, Dealer not really saying much and not having a great feeling towards them.

I like the grey car as a colour and specification but I don't like the dealer. He will also not budge on the price at all.
Black car, I'm only scared about the owners but since its been Audi serviced I am relatively happy to take the gamble.
I tried calling Audi to get more info on both but they do not want to release ANY info since Im not the owner..

Black car has new tyres, good front breaks, seems to be well maintained as far as I can tell it has had 2 quattro oil changes so far..

Would really appreciate your thoughts on a potential new owner.

BTW do these cars have a Quattro system or Haldex?

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Well good afternoon Ramaya and welcome to the club.

There is lots to read here on RSQ3 buying, what to look for - Front brake disc lips being a major consideration. You'll want Bose, and ideally a Pano roof..... The RSQ3 is labelled 'Quattro' but is actually a Haldex system. The Audi recommendation of changing the oil isn't adequate - prudence suggests dropping the Haldex pump out and cleaning the filter gauze is also required...threads on here about that too - every 20,000 miles.

A quick look on Autotrader...saw this, gorgeous spec....will depreciate glacially slow too: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...option=on&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

Reactions: Ramaya

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Check this thread out...

RSQ3 Christmas Shopping (and Hello)

RSQ3 are rare - less than 900 of the 8U model were registered in the UK 2014-2017 so one has to travel for the right car. The ownership experience is very rewarding and you won't regret it. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
Hi Ramaya, welcome to the club!

You're in good hands already, nothing really to add to the above except good luck with your RSQ3 search. Let us know how you get on and spend a bit of time going through the many and various RSQ3 threads here, there's a wealth of good information on tap.

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
240 Posts
As always I'd echo what John has said, he's very knowledgeable and very informative.
I looked at one without bose and it was a deal breaker for me, had a decent spec but even though the dealer told me it sounded great, i didn't think so and it wasn't for me and you do get the lovely light strips as a bonus!
Owners wouldn't necessarily put me off as performance cars do tend to change hands more and be warned the fuel consumption may be a reason for that.
It does sound great though so be prepared for it as you do get one of the best soundtracks to make up for it.

·
Registered
2014 RSQ3 Sepang blue.
49 Posts
Hello & welcome, I'm an RSQ3 newbie too, I had a budget & went above it for the right car;)
Take your time even though they do seem to sell quickly I had a short list of 5 cars & 3 sold in 24 hours of each other!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Oh Ju, Thanks! I'll blush - will you take a cheque?

Reactions: Ramaya and -Ju-

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hello & welcome, I'm an RSQ3 newbie too, I had a budget & went above it for the right car;)
Take your time even though they do seem to sell quickly I had a short list of 5 cars & 3 sold in 24 hours of each other!
Budgets are made to be broken, as long as you can afford it, its worth being flexible to get that "just right" car (y)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Budgets are made to be broken, as long as you can afford it, its worth being flexible to get that "just right" car (y)
I would love to but I have to be extra careful because we are also looking to change houses.. and I'm already blacklisted for even attempting to get a car by the missus. However, she has a certain appreciation for my petrolhead issues..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never thought about it but are we allowed to travel at all?
All cars are a bit far from me..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hmm.....good question......I really don’t know 🙄

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Yeah you can travel out of your local area now - as of today.

I live in the Midlands and travelled to Southend, Essex for the 1st RSQ3 and London for the 2nd, the current weapon came for Norwich...you have to travel unless you are really lucky.

Once owned you probably won't see another one on the road from one year to the next - you will find drivers behind you taking pictures though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah you can travel out of your local area now - as of today.

I live in the Midlands and travelled to Southend, Essex for the 1st RSQ3 and London for the 2nd, the current weapon came for Norwich...you have to travel unless you are really lucky.
Don't mind the traveling as long as I won't end up with a fine to commemorate the purchase.. not many car choices and prices vary widely.. If I wasn't scared of the 5 owners of the black one I posted earlier today seems very appealing for the price and its service history/condition..

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can but not cross borders so if your in England you can‘t cross over into Wales, Wales is the same you can travel but not into England not sure about Scotland or Northern Ireland though good luck with the search 👍

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can but not cross borders so if your in England you can‘t cross over into Wales, Wales is the same you can travel but not into England not sure about Scotland or Northern Ireland though good luck with the search 👍
Most likely is going to be Scotland <--> England

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
High performance cars often attract people who lust over the buying process and then once acquired the novelty wears off/they want something different...crikey that could be me. :rolleyes:

Thus it's not unusual to find RS cars that have had more owners than you'd normally expect. The RSQ3's saving grace is that once owned it's hard to find anything that offers the same ownership experience for the money so they tend not to get changed so often. As Ju has indicated they do like fuel and tyres last around 18k a set driven fairly sensibly plus all the other bits - 'economic to run' isn't in with a chance. Smiles to the mile by the bucket load though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is why I'm here! 5 pot on a relatively user-friendly package that can go over a pot hole without killing the occupants.
Yeah that does sum it up quite nicely (y)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts