Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After placing the order back in July and waiting until early November for the build week, the RSQ3 has now arrived in the UK according to the youraudi tracker. I will post some pics etc once it's collected.
But in the meantime, I have one question for this wise forum...
I am part exchanging an existing Audi (A1) which currently has finance on it. In order to calculate the amount of finance required for the new RSQ3, the dealer (back in early July when I placed the order) worked out the new finance quote with regard to (i) the valuation of my A1 as of July 2016 and (ii) my then (July) outstanding balance on the existing finance. At the time, I said that because I am continuing to make monthly payments, my existing settlement figure on the A1 by the time I collect the RSQ3 in December will be reduced by a further £2k, so it seemed unfair to base the numbers on a historical settlement figure created in July when the new finance won't be taken out until December. The dealer responded by saying that the flip side is that they are "locking in" a part exchange price on the A1 based on its value/mileage as of July. They say that this is a fair approach because the value of the A1 will go down roughly in line with my finance balance between July-December 2016.
Is this right? Can they insist on calculating a new finance quote in this way (particularly when there is a 6 month lead time, during which I've only driven 2,000 miles in the A1)? Part of me isn't that fussed, because there probably isn't more than a few hundred £ in it (and I already got approx. 9% off the list price on the RSQ3 through carwow). However, the other part of me feels that this simply doesn't make sense, and they are effectively pocketing the difference between a historic settlement figure from July and the much lower amount which will actually be paid off in December.
Thoughts, and other tips for new car collection, would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Yo didn't state the age of the A1 but I would say personally that a £2K drop in the value of the A1 is a bit harsh over 6 months. Is it possible to see the valuation guides that they use for this (and we're not talking what they've put down in writing)? Maybe use Parkers/Glass/other valuation guides to see how much a similar A1 would depreciate over a 6 month period and show it to a dealer.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Good news Horatio, your RS us really close.

Assuming (because its on Audi Finance) that the A1 is maybe a couple of years old the initial depreciation is pretty brutal so £2k in 6 months is probably about right.

That said the dealer is about to receive an ordered to spec RSQ3 with a customer name assigned, that they will have to pay for. They don't exactly fly out of the showroom door sales-wise so I'd be tempted to test the dealer's enthusiasm to re-cut the deal taking care that if there was a special finance rate in place when you ordered (was there?) then that's preserved.

Getting it reg'd on Jan 1 2017 would help the residual value of the RS - would be worth considering.

·
Registered
170 Posts
between order and delivery the Audi interest rates changed. as such the dealer recalculated the payment for me and I was £15 a month better off.

Also, he valued my part-ex car when I took delivery, not when I placed the order. As such, the quote I was given at the start was a worst case scenario, not the final one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. I will raise the issue before signing the finance paperwork, but in reality I won't push too hard to re-negotiate the deal, as I'm sure the dealer will seek to re-examine the car, find micro-scratches or other deficiencies to justify the lower valuation (or one potentially lower).
Also, does anyone know the deal with car mats for the RS Q3? I remember when configuring the basic Q3, car mats had to be ordered separately, but on the RS Q3 that wasn't an option, so I'm guessing they're included as standard?

·
Registered
738 Posts
You get carpet mats as standard - at least I did in my 15 plate FL RSQ3 - if you want rubber mats then the normal Q3 ones will fit (although Audi do not list the rubber mats for the RSQ3!)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
+1 I've used Q3 rubber front mats since I've had the car, much more practical.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By way of update...
I learnt early last week from the youraudi tracker and confirming with Audi Chat that the car had been delivered at the dealership on 1 December.
Having heard nothing from the dealership after a week, last Thursday (8th) I gave them a call and left a message for the salesman. Although he was out that day, he sent me a text saying the car was ready and he'd email the finance paperwork across on the following day (Friday 9th). Haven't heard a thing.
The plan is to pick it up next Saturday, so I'll be chasing up tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try a 'We Buy Any Car' service on your A1 and see what price that comes back with. If it's more than what your dealer is offering at least you have another option to go with.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Costanza said:
Try a 'We Buy Any Car' service on your A1 and see what price that comes back with. If it's more than what your dealer is offering at least you have another option to go with.
Good idea with WBAC but definitely would not rely on just the web quote, prob best to take the car to one on their mobile sites, there iscommonly a very big difference between the nice quote your receiveonline to the actual offer they have the cheek
to give you after they carry out one of their mandatory visual"surveys" of the actual car in person

Last thing you want is to turn down the dealerships offer in favour of a webquote you get from WBAC only to discover after that the actual offer from WBAC is far lower than the dealership offer you had turned down

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
If you want a market price go on to Autotrader and start an advert for your car, after a couple of entries it gives you a "suggested" price, probably fairer than the WBAC con.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I helped a friend dispose of a car last year (she didn't want the hassle of the Autotrader route and I live to far away to assist in that kind of disposal). If you Google WBAC you get their competitors too in the search - they offered the least and the winning offer was nearly £1000 more...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The WBAC quote (£12.7k) is over £1k lower than the part-ex price I've been offered with the dealer (£13.8k). I guess that's the benefit of locking the part-ex price in several months before actually exchanging.
I've had a look at the numbers again and I'm no longer that fussed. The settlement figure is higher than I expected, so it's not a bad deal.
Anyway, still nothing from the dealership. Last time around when I bought the A1 he was gutted that I only marked him "very good" in the post-sale customer satisfaction survey - said he'd never had one before and it was absolutely vital that he was given an "excellent", otherwise Audi think that there are serious problems. I'll call tomorrow morning and get it sorted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well glad you're happy, it was worth checking just so you know the price given was fair I think. Nothing worse than feeling like you're not getting a good deal.
So is he demoted to just 'good' this time round?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Costanza said:
So is he demoted to just 'good' this time round?
Audi want (quite rightly too) their clients to have an exceptional experience in all respects as befits a premier brand. There will be individuals that can't step up to that plate.....so when does the Season of Goodwill kick off then?????

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked this up today. Have only driven about 30 mins (i.e. 4 miles in London traffic), but it really is special. Might take it for a whizz up the motorway/A roads tomorrow morning, fog permitting.
My worry was that this would be too similar to the A1 (interior at least) to justify being more than double the price. But I'm pleasantly surprised by the interior quality - the carbon inlays, lighting pack and leather seats really are top notch and do make a difference. The 340 bph is more than enough power and the sound in dynamic mode puts a smile on the face.
The only two niggles at present - the keyless entry is making me paranoid about whether it has actually locked after I walk away. In practice it seems that pressing the lock button on the remote is the safest way of confirming that it's locked? Also, the dealer put on numberplates which have the GB/EU flag, despite asking me a month before collection and me stating that I wanted plain (not a matter of brexit ideology, but about aesthetics - the baby blue doesn't do it for me). Easily curable of course.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Oh good stuff - congratulations!

Even with a tight engine (assembled by hand in Hungary incidentally) there is more than enough grunt and as the miles increase it gets better still... The interior quality is up with Audi's best.

Keyless - entry, either touching the square shaped on the indentations on the exterior door handles or the remote and a red LED light will flash on the top of the interior door trim near the door mirror of the drivers door to indicate the doors are locked/alarm is armed.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Oh boy, I can imagine the smile on your face, great stuff.

Regards the Keyless, as John says......and you do get used to it and so far I have never got back to the car and found it had not locked, but I dearly wish either the locks were noisier or there was an option for a short, quiet beep upon locking, only needs to be loud enough to hear it standing by the car. Just a bit of an ver sight I reckon.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Nice Horatio, enjoy! As the miles go on they just get better and better, the engine is superb!
re keyless entry (I don't have it) - do the indicators not flash as you lock / unlock the car (I think you can set the number of flashes on setup), so you will know when locked / unlocked?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts