Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
im just debating on getting a catback exhaust thatll help with my new secondary de cats removed ready for stage 2
im going with tony banks(longlife exhausts)im having a 3" system and using his valved set up with remote to open and close the valves,the advice im wanting is i want it to be normal as in quiet in comfort mode then dynamic fully opened asbo mode haha,anyone had a change of system and regretted it?had 1 review of a supersprint exhaust(full system) and his misses hates it,dont want that,want it to be normal as possible
cheers
simon

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If it's just a great noise with the option to mute it then the Cete AVC is linked to Drive Select - in Dynamic the valve is left open. Not cheap though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will be noise and performane based john,seen videos of his work on other cars and they sound nomal until valve is open

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. toosmiles
Sorry it’s a bit late but for what it’s worth I have the Supersprint twin outlet exhaust system with bypass valve(lucky me). I acquired the vehicle with the exhaust conversion already done and to be honest, the audio and aesthetics of the exhaust was a big deciding factor in its purchase.

The system uses the stock actuator motor so it syncs perfectly with the cars dynamic/auto/comfort and sport modes. Both pipes open in Dynamic, left pipe closed, right pipe open in comfort which makes a tremendous difference but not quite half as the arithmetic might suggest. Obviously the liking of noise is subjective but I personally love it and fortunately, I’m still on speaking terms with my neighbours. I’m also very fortunate that my wife wears hearing aids “Wot exhaust noise dear!” (sorry Mrs Flash)

There are videos on Supersprints web site that you’ve probably already seen which give a fairly true rendition of the audio track compared to mine but without as many of the group B pops and bangs. Mine seem more subtle.

The quality of the system is also superb in my opinion, especially the rear silencer and I’ve had the car since 2017.

I don’t know who fitted it or what state of tune it’s in except that my local Audi dealer refused to service or MOT it due to what they referred to as “a none standard ECU” (refusal not applicable to all Audi service agents). I assume this dealer had been badly bitten by a rabid customer.

As for performance, I don’t have any dyno figures but it’s certainly quick enough for me. Sorry I haven't got the full details of the fitting but hope that helps. I certainly have no regrets with the exhaust.

Cheers
Flash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts