Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While toddling in to Hastings on the Triumph this morning I came up behind a dark grey 2020 plate RS with Yorkshire plates in Battle. Only followed for 400 yards as they looked like they were looking to park for free in a side road 馃槈 or they may have been visiting a resident.

If mine sounds half as good as that did without doing more than 30mph then I will be very happy but I suspect the 8U and F3 sound totally different.

Registered
David. My favourite trick in my now departed 8U RS was pootling around at around 40 mph in 3rd gear....around 3k rpm if I remember,,,,,then dropping down to 2nd gear on the paddles to slow down approaching a junction or roundabout .....all sorts of pops and bangs馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven鈥檛 got that far yet but I did like the throttle blips in S in my old dizzle Q3. I may get accused of extreme childishness if I try that too often.
Our first proper drive tomorrow鈥150 miles to a holiday cottage then toddling round Worcestershire for a week so a bit of a chance to play (mildly, or else my dear wife will be tutting and hanging on to the door handle).

Registered
Oh, and make sure you're in Dynamic馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RSQ3John would have lynched me if I hadn鈥檛 set that from day one.
I tried comfort on Monday and managed about 400 yards before I cried 鈥榚nough鈥 and went straight back to dynamic.
Auto shall remain an unknown entity.

Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
I think comfort is best left for the motorway.
Drive select is a totally different experience on mine with the adaptive dampers as that dominates the setting.
I usually run it in auto as the ride is quite hard in dynamic and almost air like in comfort so auto is about right. You can't beat the exhaust note in dynamic though
Every other Audi I've had with drive select you can setup an individual setting but for some reason not on the Q3!

Enjoy the coming week David,.you'll love the drive....just dont look at the fuel gauge lol

Reactions: DavidS

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I鈥檓 used to a firmer ride as most of our cars have been on the sportier side but the JCW Mini was a step too far after three years.
I really don鈥檛 know what changed when I flicked into comfort but the suspension did feel immediately wallowy, even if it was impossible on mine. I thought I was going to do an immediate 180 as the steering was one finger US soft.
We are not planning to go near a motorway as we both hate the **** things - too boring.
Ok, it will take an extra hour or so to get there but it will be all cross country A & B roads, just like home. Plus a nice looking pub stop on the way.

Reactions: -Ju-
1 - 7 of 7 Posts