Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered my Q3 for July delivery and wondered if anyone had bought Audi Roof bars? I can get them from Audi for £180 which is quite competitive, but think the roof box is expensive at £470. Has anyone bought other roof boxes? Are they any good? Will anyone fit to Audi bars? Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Kamei make very good boxes. Check out roof box.co.uk

I will probably get some of the cheaper aluminium bars from there rather than Thule, but all roof boxes should fit, either with a t- bar adaptor or a U-clamp.

Originally bought the kamei Corvara box as it passes the German Tüv tests and is commonly used as OE by Mercedes, VW/Audi etc and why pay more for one with a different logo...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi£180 sounds like a good deal, it's a shame Audi don't include them with the car like they do with the Q5.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone opted for the Thule WingBar Edge 9595 on their Q3?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have fitted the Thule WingBar Edge. They look good and I can't hear any additional noise.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Audi roof bars well worth the money as you get xtra safety , the roof rails have 2 holes each side which the Audi bars lock into so they can't move about . I got the karrite odyssey 470ltr roof box from e.bay in gloss black £170 , both brilliant

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have Thule bars for my other vehicle that has no roof rails. Does the end fixings for the Audi have a part number and could I by them separately? The Q5 has the two hole in its rails same as the Q3. Is that a identical part number?
Pete (Looking west towards Steep Holm)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wolverhampton Audi do discounted Audi roof bars at £164.99.Fill your boots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts