Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one purchased any roof bars yet ? If so how much , and did you have the ones from audi or a set from elsewhere , the audi ones do seem a bit expensive

·
Registered
613 Posts
I bought the Thule foot packs from Halfords, and then fitted the Halfords Aero bars - works fine, solid as a rock.
Bought 3 x bike carriers separately from ebay, and a Thule Roof Box from Halfords - so totally equipped.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Whitey. I also looked at the Audi ones and agree they are expensive. I found and got these from the net:http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=1583005&pk=0D62E

I have a Thule roof box and these did the job. Steady and easy to fit and at just of £100 good value. After removing them, could see no damage to the roof rails.

·
Registered
140 Posts
HiI had a set of Thule aero bars and feet from myprevious carand went down to Halfords and bought new feet for the Q3 (753 Rapid system & 4027 kit). I use the old aero bars as they are only a few cms longer than the bar that Thule recommend.I carry two bikes often and the bars/feet make for a very secure fitting. The feet are rubberised and have not left any marks on the rails yet.However, they do not make use of the predrilled holes on the roof rails which makes lining them up slightly more time consuming (I just align the front edge of the foot to the front hole in the roof rail).I had a set of Audi bars for an A3 sportback (with the same style roof rails). The Audi bars made use of the predrilled holes, but I remember them being very high from the roof. The Thule's are much lower to the roof. Given the height of the Q3 and that putting bikes on is already a bit of a reach I'm glad I went for the lower Thule's. Of course the Q3 bars may not be as high and I bought my bars for the A3 in 2007 so the design may well have changed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you do want the OEM part over the Thule or aftermarket products, Wolverhampton Audi do these at a discounted £164.99 (instead of the £210.00 RRP) and with free postage too

·
Registered
71 Posts
New roof bars delivered today from above source. All complete in Audi packaging with all the bits and fitting handbook. Thank you Hadwins VW from Cumbria

1 - 7 of 7 Posts