Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RSQ3 Sportback Sport Edition, Daytona Grey, C&S pack, red calipers.
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

So after a short wait I picked up my new RSQ3 Sportback Sport Edition in the lovely Daytona grey this morning, absolutely love it!

Not usually a fan of black wheels but massively suits the grey and black bodywork, very mean looking :cool:

Car came with C&S pack and red callipers, ideally wanted suspension plus but after driving around 100 miles today on a mix of Norfolk roads I can honestly say the ride is perfectly fine even on the 21” wheels, compared to my previous RS3 with mag ride it is so much more forgiving.

One nice surprise is it came with the new SONOS sound system, very impressed and does sound crisper than the B&O system in my RS3.

Just getting to know the car now, added to MyAudi but having issues registering as the ‘key user’ and just won’t click through on the MMI once I’ve input my e-Mail and vehicle code, any ideas guys?

Bit disappointed you can’t see the ambient lighting in the daylight unlike my wife’s A Class where it is visible even in the day, will have to have a drive out later when dark to see that little Quattro badge lit up :)

Engine/exhaust sound is pretty good coming from an OPF RS3, sounds better like for like in standard form in the RSQ3 but I did have a remap on the RS3 so had more burbles/pops but not sure they’d suit the RSQ3 character, something to consider in future maybe.

Overall very happy and the car has great road presence with the flared arches and big front end. PPF and ceramic booked in a few weeks as I can imagine it’s going to prone to the odd stone chip!!

Looking forward to more drives out and will be running in as I always do on my new cars before opening her up, stay below 3k revs first 500 miles then gradually increase over the next 500, has served me well with little to no oil usage and no mechanical issues…fingers crossed this new whip is as reliable as my past 3 performance Audi’s!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow,stunning! Congratulations,what a bit of kit 😍

Reactions: Rico-RS

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice Rico, nice. Not jealous at all :whistle:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
That looks terrific. (y)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can’t wait for mine to show up… nice you got the MY22 spec too..

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Looks lovely! On the MyAudi challenge - you have the tag that comes with the key with a long code on it?

If you get an MyAudi key user set up issue - delete the Key User and WAIT 12 hours, i.e. overnight and then set it up again, it seems that the car has to communicate with Germany and the German systems need to update themselves....the 2nd attempt it all works.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Congratulations, beautiful car. It's probably the best colour combination in the FL RSQ3.
Everyone has their own running in regime, I treated mine gently until 1k miles, then gradually apply the loud pedal. Now at 8k in 17 months and I enjoy every time I press the button, I am sure you will too.

Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks lovely! On the MyAudi challenge - you have the tag that comes with the key with a long code on it?

If you get an MyAudi key user set up issue - delete the Key User and WAIT 12 hours, i.e. overnight and then set it up again, it seems that the car has to communicate with Germany and the German systems need to update themselves....the 2nd attempt it all works.
Thanks @RSQ3John

Yes have the tag and code, got a bit further earlier but just seeing the ‘wheel of death’ go round and round, I wonder if I need a better signal as quite poor where I live? Will try your advice tomorrow though.

·
Registered
MY22 RSQ3 Sportback Vorsprung - Primer Grey - Red Stitching - Red Brake Calipers
32 Posts
Very nice, looks stunning in Daytona

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations, beautiful car. It's probably the best colour combination in the FL RSQ3.
Everyone has their own running in regime, I treated mine gently until 1k miles, then gradually apply the loud pedal. Now at 8k in 17 months and I enjoy every time I press the button, I am sure you will too.

Mike
Thanks Mike.

I know a lot of people mention the engine is already run in at factory but like you say we all have our preferences in that process and won’t be taking it up anywhere near the red line until 1,000 loooong miles!! Lol

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
The EA855 EVO engine technology in the F3 RSQ3 is unusual and deserves respectful treatment. Aluminium engine blocks with steel cylinder liners have been around for decades (the 8U RSQ3 EA855 is grey cast iron), however the EA855 EVO block dispenses with the steel liners so the virtually skirt-less pistons run in specially coated bores - its all aluminium. The practice is common in motorcycles and racing engines where longevity is less of an expectation. It means if something went bad, say a broken piston ring then the bore would be instantly trashed and next stop would probably be a new engine..I've seen numbers quoted of £16-21K! The engine is much lighter than it's predecessor, circa 30Kg IIRC.

It is prudent to treat it with respect, performance is fabulous even if you say to yourself I'll stay below 2,500rpm, it won't be a hardship I promise. The same goes for cold starts, the tacho will advise where the red line is though hopefully you won't be ripping it up to 7k for a while... :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have the adaptive suspension or mag ride equivalent, not sure what its called now? I also had a RS3 previously on 19" with mag ride and I (as posted in previous discussions) struggling to put up with the ride on my RSQ3. So really interested in new owners experiences.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you have the adaptive suspension or mag ride equivalent, not sure what its called now? I also had a RS3 previously on 19" with mag ride and I (as posted in previous discussions) struggling to put up with the ride on my RSQ3. So really interested in new owners experiences.
Hi

No I have the standard sport suspension on the new RSQ3, ideally wanted the suspension plus but couldn’t find one quick enough in the colour I wanted!

Having driven only for about 200 miles on some different and very poor B roads I have to say I find the suspension really good and compared to my RS3 with mag ride it’s soaks up the bumps/potholes much better even on 21” wheels, think this mainly due to the extra suspension travel.

Others have commented a move to 20” wheels helps with the thicker tyres.

What are you experiencing? Maybe I just prefer a harder ride but it’s a definite improvement over the RS3 even in the comfiest setting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Everyone is different I suppose. I don't have the adaptive suspension either. I find the ride and hard but worst of all very very fidgety. Nothing compared to my RS3 or my partners RS5. I am thinking of downgrading to 19" and I'm afraid for me it has discouraged pushing it hard and so far soured the ownership experience. While I have changed from motorway commute to country roads I didn't expect such a change and I find it hard to think going from 21" to 20" would make a massive difference. What tyres do you have on your car?

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
The offer stands for a ride in mine on 20s, 40 profile tyres at 33psi is entirely liveable for me. Ping me a PM if you want to arrange - Worcs and Warwickshire are adjacent counties after all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Everyone is different I suppose. I don't have the adaptive suspension either. I find the ride and hard but worst of all very very fidgety. Nothing compared to my RS3 or my partners RS5. I am thinking of downgrading to 19" and I'm afraid for me it has discouraged pushing it hard and so far soured the ownership experience. While I have changed from motorway commute to country roads I didn't expect such a change and I find it hard to think going from 21" to 20" would make a massive difference. What tyres do you have on your car?
Just been out for a quick blast, although still keeping below 3k revs so not really pushing it, but again the ride is totally acceptable in my eyes and surprised you find it worse than the RS3. Although firm the damping is subtle and rode over bumps and railway crossings with little fuss.

On a different note the RSQ3 is getting far more attention than the RS3, not sure that’s a good thing though!!

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Performance, Glacier White, C&S, Diamond Stitched Leather
112 Posts
That is a stunning car mate

1 - 20 of 26 Posts