Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

Been reading this great forum for weeks & getting as much info as poss.

I had a phone call today to say my new Q3 will be ready at the end of July to be picked up early August.
Originally i was going to wait till September for the new plate but too excited so dont think il bother & thinking of getting my own plate at somepoint...

My spec is...
S-Line 2.0 TDi
Missano red
18inch alloys
Lowered suspension & tinted glass.

Im reyt excited!!! This is my 1st ever Audi & my 1st ever supercar
compared to my old Vauxhalls & Fords anyway!

Pics will be up as soon as i get the beast!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
I don't blame you for being excited - you'll really notice the difference after Ford/Vauxhall type vehicles. I've just gone from a Jaguar X-Type to a Q3 (picked it up yesterday) and much as I loved the Jag the difference is startling.

I saw a Misano Red one in the showroom yesterday - it is certainly a striking colour. Make sure you post us some pics when you pick it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gromit... My 5year old chose the colour & think he chose well!
Red isnt my fave colour but know itl be abit different from white & black Q3s i see around town.

I test drove the Q7 a few year ago when they 1st arrived & recentley the A1 & of course the Q3 to which i knew was the one!

Always wanted an Audi or even BMW but Audi turned my head more... Its taken me a good 15years to get what i want but finally got here...

·
Registered
485 Posts
If that's the 2wd version you have gone for it is almost as economical as the A1 TDI.

I have the A1 tdi and for a month had a loan Q3 2wd. The fuel consumption between the 2 on daily commutes were almost identical.

Good choice and a warm welcome from me

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi SETIG & Thanks!

I have actually gone for the Quattro so hope it doesnt hit me to hard & out of pocket... Although i did have a good think & chose Quattro because of where i live as im in the hills of Huddersfield between both Colne & Holme Valleys which could mean nowt to most of you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets just say it can be a struggle when winter arrives especially the snow... Also having my little family to get about.

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
Wise move, Shawn - I know that area slightly (I have friends in Huddersfield) and 4WD would be a "must have" if t'were me.

As far as fuel economy is concerned, I don't think you'll be disappointed - I've just filled my Q3's (petrol!) tank and the computerything is telling me I have 550 miles to empty. I looked at the display and my first reaction was "'OW MUCH???" as I'm used to about 300 in the Jaguar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much was it to fill the tank Gromit? I'll be using Diesel so obviously will cost a tad more... I am a little worried that this is my 1st diesel so really hope i dont fill up with petrol... I know i wont (hope) but dread to think if i did!

Can i ask what part of Uddersfield your friends are from?

Defo need the Quattro where i am as in the Holmfirth area but travel for work to the otherside of the valley...

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
Well, the tank was about a quarter full to start with and it cost me £62.01 (doesn't it p*ss you off when the pump does that?) to fill it up with unleaded @ 130.9 pence/litre. It's quite a big tank.

My friends live near Queensbury. We don't get to see them often but when when we do we never miss a trip on the Keighley & Worth Valley railway - one of the loveliest preserved railways in the country in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha yes i hate it when you try to get the pump to the pound! If i miss 1st time i add another pound & still bloomin' miss it!!!

Ah your friends are more up north of Hudds... Im further south closer to Sheffield & Manchester but yes the whole area is very nice.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Most garages waive the odd 1p if you pay in cash!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats!
One question - what does 'reyt' mean?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LoL Reyt just means "right" you dont really hear it here in Hudds unless you meet me... Its just my Sheffield accent that comes through.

Question...

When i ordered my Q3 i didnt ask if i would get the car mats... Will i get them standard? Which id hope you would considering the money already spent.
I'm just in two minds whether to wait & see if i get them or to get some on order ready for my car.

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
You get removable carpet mats as standard - rubber mats are extra if you need them. It all depends on how often you get mud oop north deep enough to transfer into the car on people's boots!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers Gromit... Will ask about the rubber mats cos i will need them & depending on price.

I normally buy cheap rubber mats for the winter then chuck em' out when or if we get the better weather.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just a small point if the Audi Q3 rubber mats are the same as the A4 ones they go in place of the carpet mats not over. So do cover quite a large area especially on the passenger side.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Shawn- I bought rubber mats all round when I picked mine up. I think they were either £55 or £65, but in the grand total were nowt really! All the water that runs off the soles of your feet would normally soak into the mats. My interior still smells like a new car, which I put down to not having wet carpets.

We visit Netherthong quite a few times each year to see friends, so I know what your conditions are like. After last winters weather you may just want some winter tyres on. We were sent pictures of the snow drifts- wow!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SETIG... Netherthong is just up the road from me,im in Meltham!
The snow drifts were pretty much sky high & thats the highest ive seen!!!

So am i best getting cheap as chips rubber mats for winter?
Really dont want downgrade my beast as its the best car ive ever owned (thats before ive got it)
Ive just always bought cheap for winter so i can throw them out as no use the following year & buy again.

If the official Audi last for at least a couple of years then il go for them... Im not a tight ass just practical LoL

Would i need winter tyres with the Quattro?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts