Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know what connections are on the back of the concert radio system, i want to buy a reversing camera and a company called DragonEX that i use quite often have one on special offer until the end of this month, its wireless and only costs £27 inc shipping. It has an RCA jack for the connecting unit and the camera taps into the cars system for power, say`s its compatible with any head unit that has aux input. Camera also has night vision too so it sounds like a real bargain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi
That sounds like a cracking deal. Does the company you're thinking of buying it from, have a website or a link to the product?
And...to answer your question the display units do support devices, that have an aux input/output. Though I think this has to be configured at a dealership level.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi guys, looks very interesting however as Audi doesn't let you play video whilst on the move, then the camera may not work as it might see it as a video (external DVD player).
However I think there is a hack you can do to make this work.
Darren

·
Registered
16 Posts
Definitely worth a go though.

I had the reverse camera on my BMW 3 Series, and came to rely on it...pure laziness!

In going to order it, and let my car audio/visual customisation centre near me, see what they can do!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guy`s ordered mine yesterday, dispatched today ( informed by email ) used this company before, not your usual overseas rubbish but good quality kit. Defo worth a punt for under 30 quid i think. When it arrives i will experiment on my company focus
and see what the quality is like and post the findings. Hopefully my the time my new shiny Q3 arrives all the creases will have been ironed out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds a good idea Ollie, to try it out on the Focus first.

I would consider purchasing if I could hook it up to the Audi retractable screen. Do you have a screen/monitor in your Focus, or were you going to use the screen unit with the camera?

I'm a little OCD and wouldn't want my dash cluttered with another screen.

I'll await your review. Apologies if I'm using you as the guinea pig model. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
ollie said:
Guy`s ordered mine yesterday, dispatched today ( informed by email ) used this company before, not your usual overseas rubbish but good quality kit. Defo worth a punt for under 30 quid i think. When it arrives i will experiment on my company focus
and see what the quality is like and post the findings. Hopefully my the time my new shiny Q3 arrives all the creases will have been ironed out.
Hi Ollie, I was wondering if you ever got this working?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oddly enough it arrived today, but the wireless transmitter is missing from the bloody box
, so it will be going back via the next plane to Japan unfortunatly.
Will post as soon as i recieve a replacement though

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi OllieDid you get a replacement with the transmitter yet ?Dave

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No Dave, sorry i didn`t. Apparently they forgot to tell people it was cheap because the transmitter is not included
, so i have got a refund. Still looking for a solution though. Spoke to my dealer on friday, was informed my build date was the 23rd July ( today
) and i will take delivery on the 26th August

Can`t wait now...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts