Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I know this isn't strictly a modification, it will be for my car.
I don't currently have a reversing camera and was thinking of having one fitted. Does anyone have an idea of a retrofit price for a proper one?
If no, I was thinking of getting one of these
AUTO-VOX Solar Powered Wireless Reversing Camera Kit, 5: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Anyone had any experience with them, reviews seem to be a mixed bag.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
While I know this isn't strictly a modification, it will be for my car.
I don't currently have a reversing camera and was thinking of having one fitted. Does anyone have an idea of a retrofit price for a proper one?
If no, I was thinking of getting one of these
AUTO-VOX Solar Powered Wireless Reversing Camera Kit, 5: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Anyone had any experience with them, reviews seem to be a mixed bag.

Thanks in advance.
Genuine reversing camera retrofit - Genuine Audi Reverse Camera with active guidelines upplied & Fitted (hazzydayz.com)

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Spike.
Edit: Fek me, that ain't cheap is it but neither is their cruise control (something else I'm thinking of), my local VAG indie quoted me 320 all in for cruise control.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
HazzyDayz looks expensive until you go to the Kufatec web site: Q3 - 8U

€699 for kit alone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I Had Hazzy Dazs fit a rear view camera on my Q2, as said not cheap but a very professional outfit.
It’s the proper Audi one with the turning curved lines, they do retrofits for some main Audi dealers as well Cardiff being one of them and that’s a fair way down from where there based.
They came to me in South East Wales to fit on the understanding they would tie it in with one of there appointments with Audi Cardiff which was fine, not a two minute job to fit so coupled to Audi genuine parts you can see where the cost adds up.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have the reversing camera , it came as part of the original spec but to be honest it is such a dark and murky picture that I don't bother with it . If I am not happy that the rear view mirrors are giving an unobstructed indication I do a neck swivel. It is not as if the camera is any help when you are reversing out and a blooming panel van has parked alongside you . If the camera were to be on an extending arm to look round the back of the van that would be useful. Yes I do keep the rear screen clean.

·
Registered
703 Posts
The biggest problem with a reversing camera is that it gets very dirty very easily. The image then becomes totally indistinct. A regular ritual is to wipe the lens with a cloth. If this had an electronically controlled cover activated when selecting result then it would be more useable.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I have a feeling a read somewhere that there is a VW model that has an integrated camera and washer jet that will fit the Q3?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had Audi Northampton fit mine for £600. Took them a day and a half but works really well. I agree it does get dirty when the road is wet due to the spray so I just wipe it every now and again and it's fine. A cover to protect it would be a great idea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had Audi Northampton fit mine for £600. Took them a day and a half but works really well. I agree it does get dirty when the road is wet due to the spray so I just wipe it every now and again and it's fine. A cover to protect it would be a great idea.
My mate has just bought a new merc GLB the reverse camera either pops down on a motor once you select reverse, or a flap over the camera lifts up can’t remember which one but either way quite cool, but being electrical yet another thing to go wrong a few years down the line
indecently our camera works fine image wise etc. but there aren’t many weeks that go by without me cleaning the car and don’t do a lot of milage so doesn’t really get dirty.

·
Registered
703 Posts
There are glass cleaners that coat the glass with a Teflon equivalent. Unfortunately these are very expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts