Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have just chosen a Q3 delear stock car and have found out that it comes with the reversible Bootfloor however I have read that this reduces the size of the boot because it comes with some sort of under floor storage compartment. This worries me as I purposely chose the Q3 based on its very deep boot. The sales man was unclear if this could be removed and replaced with the standard deeper carpet bottom saying he thought so but not 100%. Can any of you who has this option confirm if the additional storage space thing can just be taken out and you are left with a normal carpet bottomed boot floor at the original depth as on the standard spec without the reversible floor? Any pictures you could post of this thing would be handy. Whilst the dealer has the car it's locked up in some regional preparation centre so they can't look at it to confirm.

Thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiIt can be swapped over. the problems would be sourcing the parts and the price.And you will only be gaining about an extra inch in depth.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm sure that when you the car and if your not happy with the boot liner someone on here would do a swap with you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The storage compartment should look something like this:

I have the spare wheel version - which has the same kind of styrofoam
thingy - and it can be easily removed. However, there is no carpet under
the styrofoam but the floor itself is completely flat. By doing so you
will gain something like 17 cm (6.7") extra space (should match the
depth of the spec without spare wheel or storage compartment).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Semi Q so basically I can just take the foam thing out and need to buy an after market boot mat/liner?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Under that foam thing is just the metal floor-pan - so I guess something a bit thicker than a standard liner would be good?

·
Registered
563 Posts
The non reversible boot floor still sits on a Styrofoam liner, it's just not as deep/thick, the difference in depth between the the 2 is probably only about an inch.I've had both liners in my Q3.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I ordered my Q3 the salesmen had no idea what the reversible boot liner was and they suggested I went away to research it myself before ordering the car! Needless to say I was left none the wiser and opted to go for the standard boot to avoid running the risk of losing precious luggage space. The problem I now have is finding a boot liner to fit the boot which doesn't have the raised floor. Audi did order me a standard one but they soon realised it doesn't fit. I have a large Golden Retriever dog which travels a lot in the car with me so I'm desperately trying to find liner that fits. Can anyone recommend somewhere to get a boot liner to fit the standard model. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you just Googlesearch Audi Q3 boot liner, you'll find many options, Audi and others atvarious prices.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Already tried Google, all of the liners I've found are only suitable for the raised floor i.e the bumper and boot are at the same level. My boot drops down a couple of inches behind the bumper and the liners don't fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
<a href="http://www.bootsliners.co.uk/AUDI-Q3-2011-ONWARDS-BOOT-LINER.html" target="_blank">
You can find both raised floor and lower floor varieties of boot liner here:
http://www.bootsliners.co.uk/AUDI-Q3-2011-ONWARDS-BOOT-LINER.html</A>

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a large Golden Retriever dog which travels a lot in the car with me so ....Is that the sub woofer? :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hehe... nice underdog joke...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi James, did you sort out the issue with the boot storage?

Did you get the reversible storage shelf and can you take it out? Also did it come with a storage box with different compartments under it?

Also can you remove it and is it carpeted underneath?

Sorry to ask you these questions but I am trying to research the q3 options before I buy and as you didn't go for thd spare wheel I wanted to find out if the shelf is worth getting or not. My gut feeling is I might give it a miss.

Regards

Daz

·
Registered
518 Posts
I thought they were only standard on Rovers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Daz

In the end mine did not come with the reversible boot floor or the spare wheel do I got a larger boot with regular carpet floor. The only disadvantage to that option is the floor is lower than the loading ledge (so maybe harder for people with back problems) but it does not bother me as a big boot was my largest priority in that area.

So sorry I can't comment on the reversible boot floor ftpm actual experience but I do know from my research from others that it does have a polystyrene style compartment area underneath it, and underneath that there is no carpet.

I just got a plastic boot liner (floor mat material) off eBay for about £25 that protects the carpet but looses no boot volume as its only a couple of mm thick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts