Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm looking at installing the cruise control hardware to my Q3 at the weekend and while I'm happy enough to fit the bits myself, I cant find any information online that tells me what needs to be changed in the coding (VDCS & a genuine Micro Can cable) to make it work correctly.
I see that some people have had success in doing the mod and I was wondering if they would be kind enough to guide me through it or event post up some screen shots.
ThanksGreg

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little research at lunchtime and it looks like there are two changes to be made .. one in the steering column controller and one involving the engine control module.
I'll update once I've got the bits and I'm ready to go. I'll take pics of the install too in case anyone else is tempted.

Taken from the Ross Tech website:Installation & WiringAdditional Information can be found in the Repair Manuals, the Wiring Diagrams, the Parts Catalog and/or the Instructions included in the Retrofitting Kit.<ul style="line-height: 1.5em; list-style-: square; margin: 0.3em 0px 0px 1.6em; padding: 0px; list-style-: "arrow.gif"; font-family: Arial, "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify;"><li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-left: 0.5em; padding: 0px;">Install proper Cruise Control Switch/Lever<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-left: 0.5em; padding: 0px;">Install proper Bottom Steering Column Cover, see Parts Catalog 953-50 Pos. 10 for Details.<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-left: 0.5em; padding: 0px;">If necessary Replace the Steering Column Control Module (J527), see Requirements above for Details.[/list]
<h2 style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; -: none; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; font-weight: normal; margin: 1.32em 0px 0.6em; padding: 0.35em 0.1em 0.3em 0px; border-bottom: 0px solid rgb238, 238, 238; font-size: 18px; font-family: Arial, "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, "Times New Roman", serif; text-align: justify;">Configuration</h2><ul style="line-height: 1.5em; list-style-: square; margin: 0.3em 0px 0px 1.6em; padding: 0px; list-style-: "arrow.gif"; font-family: Arial, "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify;"><li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-left: 0.5em; padding: 0px;">Update Steering Column Control Module (J527 / #16) Coding.<ul style="line-height: 1.5em; list-style-: square; margin: 0.3em 0px 0px 1.6em; padding: 0px; list-style-: "arrow.gif";"><li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-left: 0.5em; padding: 0px;">Due to different Control Modules and Equipment in the Car the actual Coding Table is not shown here but will automatically be shown once you access the Coding Function using VCDS.[/list]<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-left: 0.5em; padding: 0px;">Update the Engine Control Module (J623 / #01) Coding.<ul style="line-height: 1.5em; list-style-: square; margin: 0.3em 0px 0px 1.6em; padding: 0px; list-style-: "arrow.gif";"><li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-left: 0.5em; padding: 0px;">Make sure that theEngine is NOT running, otherwise the new Coding will be rejected. Models equipped with Start/Stop System do have a Shutoff Switch/Button which will deactivate the Start/Stop Function.<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-left: 0.5em; padding: 0px;">As a Rule of Thumb, if the Engine Control Module uses a Short Coding the Activation is being done using Coding-II. If the Engine Control Module uses a Long Coding the Activation is done in (Long) Coding itself. Please also note that there are different Coding Variants for Long Coding.<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-left: 0.5em; padding: 0px;">Due to different Control Modules and Equipment in the Car the actual Coding Table is not shown here but will automatically be used by the Long Coding Assistant once you access the Function using VCDS.[/list][/list]

·
Registered
369 Posts
Go into module 01-Engine and 16-Steering and on long coding search for cruise control option to activate

I have the bits on another post here, search my posts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts