Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
</font>Hi <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

</font>

</font>Does anyone know if it is possible to retro fit a ‘factory' type panoramic glass sunroof
into a Q3?</font>

</font>

</font>If yes, can anyone recommend a company that will undertakes this?

</font>

</font>I cannot find many used examples with a sunroof already fitted …….maybe I'll
just have to wait a bit longer or keep saving for a new car.

</font>

</font>Thanks

</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Simon

I don't think this is feasible, to fit the panoramic roof you would need a new roof panelwhich would necessitate a major rebuild of the bodyshell not to mention the cost whcih would be exorbitant.

Tony

·
Registered
78 Posts
Simon2go said:
</font>Hi <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

</font>

</font>Does anyone know if it is possible to retro fit a ‘factory' type panoramic glass sunroof
into a Q3?</font>

</font>

</font>If yes, can anyone recommend a company that will undertakes this?

</font>

</font>I cannot find many used examples with a sunroof already fitted …….maybe I'll
just have to wait a bit longer or keep saving for a new car.

</font>

</font>Thanks

</font>
if you bear in mind a spacesaver spare ordered when buying the car new is £75 but to retrofit, Audiquote more than £1,000 (apparently most of the boot trim is changed out in addition to supplying the spare wheel and upper boot floor). I dread to think what Audi would charge or if it is even feasible to retrofit the sunroof.If you cant stretch to a new one, speccd to your likeing,best option would be to keep looking. Used cars do come up with the sunroof. just depends if they happen to come with any or all of the other options you might want, and if the ones it doesnt can be retro fitted at reasonable cost. I spent about two months checking the used cars on the website until one with a spec close to what I was looking for came up.

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiI would wait or save up for the new car, you would have to be very brave to let somebody cut holes in your roof
I would imagine Audi would take a very dim view of any warranty claims as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a twin pane Hollandia 900 fitted to my A6 Avant which I am just in the process of selling, having replaced it with the Q3.
Not exactly panoramic but bigger than most single pane ones. It was a bit scary taking it along to have a hole cut in the roof only a week after buying it as an demonstrator from Milton Keynes Audi, and it cost me a much as the Audi roof (£1100) but I could not think about a car without a sky view, and like you, none of the demonstrators were spec'd with the sunroof.
I have to say it has been excellent over the 4 years I have had the car. Trim not quite new build standard, but very neat.
For the Q3, I just gave up a went for a new one to my own spec.

·
Registered
563 Posts
audidriver4ever said:
Del said:
Hi
I would imagine Audi would take a very dim view of any warranty claims as well.
If the claim is related to the sunroof or roof yes, others no
I would have thought any bodywork claim would be invalid, by cutting a hole in the roof you would be changing the structure and safety of the whole car and if the wiring loom is tampered with I think that would be the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
</font>Thanks
everyone for your comments. I think it is best to wait until a Q3 comes along
with a roof already fitted. I'll keep looking and/or saving!
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /></font>

</font>

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'll put a sunroof in for you no trouble, mine was only 2 inches square and leaked though

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was really thinkingabout retrofit of the original panoramioc roof but in fact roof body construction is different with additional profile at the rear part of the roof for glass roof version what makes this retrofit not feasible unless one is ready to cut the roof off completely as on the pictures below :).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts