Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm want to remove the resonator on my 2.0 TSI.someone here already did that?i want to be sure about the sound. i don't want it to be so loud.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Why? It is there for a reason.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Will it not fail its MOT if its removed? Theyre getting really picky these days.

·
Registered
123 Posts
How about some bypass pipes?

Adds a bit more noise and some pops and bangs

Removing the resonator would be too harsh for my ears. The drone would be too much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
orha12 said:
Hi i'm want to remove the resonator on my 2.0 TSI.someone here already did that?i want to be sure about the sound. i don't want it to be so loud.
If you dont get nod from someone whos done it with aceptable (to you) results,then you should be wary. Seen this subject on different forum,subaru, and whilst its removal will change exhaust tone pre silencer and hence sound at exhaust,its down side is almost certain to produce drone inside the car,often at cruiesing revs.it was generally regarded as obtrusive. Obviously its down to what you can live with to get the sound your after.
Not a free option,but a custom built back box is more predictable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thats better than i thought. I was wary of a backbox delete for drone as well as quality. Do you have any other videos?

How did you get the 2nd opening for the tail pipe? Yours doesnt look cut

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's all I've got unfortunately. Was done just before the first lockdown and hasn't seen much use since.

On the SE diffuser there is just a blank space there you can cut out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts