Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi clened my Q3 yesterday and decided to take out the rear cover so i could clean the inside of window,the way it all fastens together looks like a child designed it i dont see the fixings lasting long as they look very feeble,when youpay all this money for a car and its a audi i would expect a premium product but the rear shelf and fastenings look like a rushed after thought ,has any one else gotany thoughts on this ?????

·
Registered
113 Posts
My TT had a similar way of keeping the rear parcel shelf in place and that worked fine. I didn't have any problems with it for the 4 years i had the car and i removed the shelf quite often.

Compared to my wifes fiesta the Q3's parcel shelf is solid and well built.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I know what you mean Glyne - I took my shelf out to do a tip run, and it has those strange "flexible" clips that don't look like they will last!
Funnily enough, since removing an re-fitting the shelf, it has fallen out a couple of times when the boot lid has been open - so it's construction is a bit low-rent...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I must disagree with you guys about the rear shelf construction.. Yes, the rear shelf is awkward in use but the mechanism itself seems to be durable enough.

Because of strollers we need to remove shelf and lid quite often (must have happened at least fifty times by now) but I haven't notice any problems (what comes to durability) so far.

However, there is no good place for the shelf while detached - which is a real problem.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Maybe it isn't exactly "weak" but the snap-on clips just seem a bit odd - not solid clips or fastenings, just a bendy piece of plastic - and those odd little legs that slot into the window area - drop that shelf wrongly and you just think they'll bend or snap!
It's a funny little shelf unit too - you'd think the main shelf would have been extended to cover the gap - with a folding bit to replace the 2nd piece?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts