Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'had to replace lower rear light unit (one in the bumper) due to reversing onto low hedge branch
Inexpensive for an Audi spare but was surprised to find full set of light bulbs when removed ~ yet Q3 actually only illuminates rear fog light and reversing light in this unit in normal use.
However, the instruction book also describes how to replace these "unused" bulbs.
I'm told that the bulbs for the indicators & rear tail lights will only operate if the corresponding bulbs fail in the main rear (upper) light unit.
The youth in the dealership looked blank when asked if this was the case & he still hasn't got back to me.
Can NE1 confirm this please ?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I was told these lights were illuminated when the tailgate was open as the maintail lightsare in theboot lidand therefore notvisibleat night with the boot open?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
However should somebody be stupid enough to open their boot in the middle lane of a motorway on a dark night to change a wheel, I can't be held liable if they don't light up

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was behind a q3 who indicated right and braked to slow down and his upper and lower lights illuminated.

It looked good, maybe a setting somewhere?

GB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You've got it ~ thanks !
Just been out to check & indeed - open the back and those lights come on.
Makes sense of course.
I was suspicious of the suggestion they came on when the top bulbs failed because the "unused" bulbs showed signs of fogging in the replaced unit so they had been illuminated sometime.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GeeBe said:
I was behind a q3 who indicated right and braked to slow down and his upper and lower lights illuminated.

It looked good, maybe a setting somewhere?

GB
Or the boot lid wasn't closed ?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Still waiting on my Q3 but it's on route from the factory so only a few weeks to wait

I remember the setup being the same on my brothers Q7, which he swapped for a Discovery then realised just how good the Q7 was. Those Discovery interiors look, shall we say retro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts