Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

just been up to scotland did not take the Q3 shame had to make do with my hilux

anyway to the point following a q3 with led rear lights when the car braked lower and tail gate ligts came on and when indicating both lower and tail gate came on

i can only get my ones to work by opening the tail gate which cuts out the tail gate ones my ones are not led type

any idears

dan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Daniel

Don't quite understand what your question is.

As far as I am aware all the lights on the back of my Q3 come on (TG and bumper) when I brake or indicate. The bumper lights are not on with the daylight running lights or the normal lights.

My understanding is that if the car is stationary, the tailgate lights function when the gate is closed. If you open the tailgate, the bumper lights come on. This is a safety measure to ensure that there are lights visible from behind when the tailgate is open.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

thats the point my one works as below

My understanding is that if the car is stationary, the tailgate lights function when the gate is closed. If you open the tailgate, the bumper lights come on. This is a safety measure to ensure that there are lights visible from behind when the tailgate is open.

i can only get the lower ligts on when i open the boot not in any other way both sets don't seem to work

is this normal the one i followed had both sets working

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
That's how it works on mine, was getting the shopping out the boot last night and noticed the 2 small lights on when the tailgate was open. It was dark however so i don't know if they come on during the day.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a SE model :-

When TG down, Tail, Brake and Indicators work on TG light assembly only, Reversing lights work on bumper light assembly.

When TG up, Tail, Brake and Indicator light operationtransfer to bumper light assembly.

TG and bumpers lights do not come on together

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the one i followed had Led rear lights TGand both upper and lower were working at the same time

·
Registered
103 Posts
Maybe it was the rear fog lights that were on, as they are mounted within the bumper light assemblies. This would give an upper and lower lights on look ??.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have seen this to, and have posted regarding it and was told the tailgate must have been open.

I have tried this and it does not allow both sets of lights to work.

I have seen both upper and lower brake and right idicator illumiate at once when the Q3 I was following broke to slow down when indicating right.

You're not seeing things Dan!

GB

·
Registered
103 Posts
From Audi training manual

The tail lights are deactivated when opening the tailgate, and the tail/brake light and turn signal functions are taken over by the additional tail lights in the bumper. To reliably detect an open tailgate, the antitheft alarm switch F123 and the tailgate open sensor G525 are evaluated.
The antitheft alarm switch F123 comprises two microswitches integrated in the tailgate lock.The tailgate open sensor G525 is a Hall sensor which is integrated in the rear lock plate cover. The onboard power supply control unit not only evaluates the operating states of both switches, but also monitors the time between the signals generated by both switches. If there is too much time lag between both signals when closing the tailgate, the additional tail lights are not deactivated for safety reasons.

??

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
There must be a way to enable this in VCDS.
(Other thread prompted a thread search).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have just asked the same question in another section on the forums, i took a photo of the car i was following, he also had 2 indicators on when turning, the upper and lower

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just to add to this thread, i followed an Orange Q3 yesterday on the M4 and A48 in West Wales, it was too fast for me to get too close (not helped by a stationary Camera Van) but it was showing five brake lights, High level, main and those in the bumper whenever the driver braked, did not see indicators and an unable to comment on those.I tried to get the reg when it went past but failed, I thought it might be a new introduction because of the reported problem with brake lights masking indicators on this model, causing rear end shunts.

·
Registered
518 Posts
CocoPops said:
There must be a way to enable this in VCDS.
(Other thread prompted a thread search).
Why would one want to enable this, other than to look like a Christmas tree?

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
As someone else points out in another thread, the S line LED lights make it harder to see indicators when brake lights are on.

So if it prevents a rear ender, why not?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My car is just over 2 years old and the 'bumper' lights only ever came on when the boot was opened BUT they have now started operating in conjunction with the normal rear lights when the boot is fully closed. Assume this must be a switch fault....may go some way to explain the various sightings of vehicles with all the lights coming on....if I had not gone to rear of the car the other night I would not have been aware of any change.Don't plan a special visit to dealer but will mention it next time it goes in....Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mm if your car is 2 years old then maybe it is something they have altered in the settings when you have been in for a service or something

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
We're trying.

I think it's possible with vcds but need to work it out a bit more.

·
Registered
62 Posts
CocoPops said:
We're trying.

I've been playing with VCDS today - I've enabled auto-fold mirrors (and the sweeping dials ... for no reason other than because I could, lol) but was too 'chicken' to play with any other settings

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
dss said:
CocoPops said:
We're trying.

I've been playing with VCDS today, but was too 'chicken' to play with any other settings
Go on, what's the worst that can happen?Turning your Q3 into a shiney "chicken" shed I guess
Edited by: Boxbrownie

1 - 20 of 28 Posts