Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to everybody

I have a problem with the tailgate lights on my Audi q3. The light sometime work, but every few days they stop working. When they does not work,the bumper lights go on. Does somebody have the same problem? It look like the tailgate is open.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It will be either the switch in the boot floor below the silver latch cover plate or one where the lock is in the tail gate, have a quick search, there was a recent post where it was the tail gate lock

·
Super Moderator
5,877 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club!

As Chippie says, this is a known issue and well documented, so use the Search box and you'll find several articles detailing the problem and fixes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, welcome to the club!

As Chippie says, this is a known issue and well documented, so use the Search box and you'll find several articles detailing the problem and fixes.

Thanks for your help. Happy to be a prt of this club.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will be either the switch in the boot floor below the silver latch cover plate or one where the lock is in the tail gate, have a quick search, there was a recent post where it was the tail gate lock

Chippe, thank you for your replay. I will check those things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello to everybody

I have a problem with the tailgate lights on my Audi q3. The light sometime work, but every few days they stop working. When they does not work,the bumper lights go on. Does somebody have the same problem? It look like the tailgate is open. View attachment 1928
Hey did you ever sort the issue with your lights?
I e got the same problem with mine.

·
Registered
427 Posts
For all I know it's an Hall effect sensor quite deep buried in the underboot area and I am afraid the system also interlocks with the boot lid switch (which should be mechanical and integrated in the lock assembly). I suggest you check the DTC before setting off to a particular direction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts