Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... first time poster.
I've just ordered a Q3 however for whatever reason I didn't test fit our rear facing baby seat. Just wondering if someone can put my mind at ease and advise that it will fit without issue?
Seat is a Britax Unity capsule.
Cheers!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rear seats have very easy to mount ISOFIX clips for compatible baby seats.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In addition to the above, there are also Isofix fixings on the front passenger seat which is one of the reasons I bought the car as Audi are one of the few manufacturers to do this certainly amongst the quality cars. You can switch off the front passenger airbag and put littlun next to you and free up space for the inlaws on the back seat (purely optional and you can keep that secret if you don't like them)
It does add so much more versatility though.

Hope this helpsEdited by: Bilster1

·
Registered
111 Posts
Didn't know that, cheers!
Have to say, the Audi Isofix fittings are so much easier than all the other cars I have to try and put seat into. Honda, Toyota and even on range evoque (spit!) - the clips are hidden and it's a pain to fit!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree with you Steve and I've found the front isofix really useful. Trying to get two adults in the rear with a child seat there is a bit tight but stick it in the front and it frees up the whole rear bench with loads of room for my wife and the in laws or folding the seats if you need to get a load in the back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback, however I believe the use of isofix in Australia is still not ratified - though I've been told this will be changing very soon. Therefore for the time being I'm limited to use of a seatbelt and rear tether.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice one Blister, just changed ISOFIX base from rear to front and I think bubba will enjoy that more than just looking out the back window! It does mean the wife will have to sit in the back though, which isn't such a bad thing!

This is much nicer than the usual sniping that goes on here ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
bolds said:
Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback, however I believe the use of isofix in Australia is still not ratified - though I've been told this will be changing very soon. Therefore for the time being I'm limited to use of a seatbelt and rear tether.

Sorry Bolds, I didn't realise you we're down under. Do the cars still come fitted with isofix there and is it just the Aussie regulations that prevent it? Isofix has got to be the way forward IMO as it is a secure anchorage to the fabric of the car and I would choose it every time over a seatbelt fixing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bilster1 said:
Do the cars still come fitted with isofix there and is it just the Aussie regulations that prevent it?
Yes, they do have the fittings. Due to the impending regulation change which can be any time now it might be best to import an isofix seat now and be done with it. Though it's looking like we'll still need to use a tether.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well we've taken delivery today and our current seat fits, slightly more room than in the GTI but not a huge increase.

·
Registered
111 Posts
First impressions bolds?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After driving a couple of hundredkilometresover weekend we're sure we made the rightdecision.
We think the car looks and handles great, and to be honest I don't notice the drop is torque and HP from the old GTI. Initially I wasn't bothered whether we went with the sunroof or not but now I'm a covert - we love it.
The little one doesn't seem fused, but then at three months old she's not overly aware of hersurrounding at the best of times. I've noticed almost too much light is entering the car possibly the combination of sunroof and windows not yet tinted, but I need to find a window sock or shade to keep the sun out of her face - any recommendations?
I'm a bit of a tech head and I'm impressed with the camera/park assist and MMI though I'm a littledisappointed that in Australia we don't get Google maps or the WLAN connectivity - but them the breaks, over the years I've comeaccustom to being a couple of years beforeEurope/US.
I don't know whether it's because it's still "the new car" or not but usually I'm a bit of a lead foot and tend to enjoy my driving - a little stressful for my wife, however I've been quite content to just roll along taking it easy.... though I did give the Golf R a little thrash on the way to work this morning ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this website and first time posting!

We bought a new audi q3 last December. Have a baby due any day now and bought a maxi cosi familyfix base along with car seat etc. We have tried to fit it to the back seat of the car at the isofix base points. There is quite a lot of side to side movement and I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I have spoken to audi, who have been pretty unhelpful and have basically said if it doesn't fit properly, it is incompatible. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi

I am an expert with the family fix, had 1 for 13 months :)

It sounds like you are not securing enough. You have to be quite forceful to ensure it fits tightly to the back sit. Give it some pressure and wiggle it and you will hear it clicking further and further onto the ISOFIX. Once it's in place firmly it won't budge ;) Don't worry you won't break anything!

Have a look on YouTube if you're confused and that will guide you too. If their is a problem it'll be with the base and not the Audi ISOFIX bars.

Good luck with bubba! I have the front forward facing 'pearl' seat now and it is awesome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
G'day Bolds, I'm in a similar predicament myself.

We have recently purchased the Q3 specifically for it to be our new family car. ISOFIX seats has finally been commissioned in Australia however, ISOFIX seats made to an Australian standard will not be released until the end of the year, or early next year.

Therefore we have had to purchase a regular convertible baby seat and will exchange to a new ISOFIX when they become available .

I have a quick query, did the installers have any issues with strapping the seat in at the back due to the fact the car was made specifically for ISOFIX seats only? The child seat anchor is at the rear of the back seat but located in the middle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts