Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a search and cant find an answer.
Q3 8U.
Rear camera retrofitted and all working as it should (i think)
Reading through the handbook there looks like 2 modes, parallel parking or perpendicular parking, could anyone explain as the handbook is not very clear.

I don't have autoparking.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I retrofitted a rear camera and its only function is 'to aid parking by visually indicating distances to obstacles with guiding lines' (extract from the sales brochure)

The parallel and perpendicular parking feature is part of the 'Audi parking system advanced with reversing camera and park assist option

Cheers Spike

Reactions: Kite

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the clarification.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I think that rather confusingly the camera display shows the graphics for the self parking capability - even when the the feature isn't installed.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Even if you don't have the self parking facility the rear camera can still help you parallel park. You just have to turn the wheel yourself. ;)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Even if you don't have the self parking facility the rear camera can still help you parallel park. You just have to turn the wheel yourself. ;)
We both have the same option installed - amazing!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was exactly this that had me delving in the handbook

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that rather confusingly the camera display shows the graphics for the self parking capability - even when the the feature isn't installed.
It was exactly this that had me delving in the handbook.
Bad pic but it was the top right icon that was intriguing me.. 20200617_102136.jpg

·
Registered
390 Posts
OK It's on pages 88 to 94 of the handbook.
If you want the system to help you parallel park then it is possible. Look at fig 101 and fig 102.
The write-up is pants like most of the handbook.
Two things of note
You need to change the mode of Parking System Plus.To do this you press the button on the MMI control panel that is top right to the central rotary control when the parking camera screen is active.
Second, as far as I recall, you need to operate the indicator to tell they system which side you are planning to park.

You must do both things for the parallel parking assistance to function. Personally I don't think it's that useful in parallel park mode.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks aldfort, it works.
I did read through the handbook but it made no sense to me :rolleyes:
I can change parking modes and the blue box moves to whichever side the indicators are set to.
Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts