Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Audi Q3 model 2013 which has 312mm disks on front axle and 282mm disks or rear axle. Model 2015 has same diameter disks on front axle but on rear, they have fitted a 300mm disks. As I upgraded my wheels to factory 18" ones and due to rear disks need replacing, I'm looking if it's possible to upgrade the rear disks to 300mm.

I think there will not be any problem on car factory settings and drivability, because the only main difference is the engine HP (i have upgraded mine at 180hp anyway).

The question is if the rear calipers from a 2015 model will directly fit in 2013 model, does anyone know?

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Blimey, when you upgrade a car you don't muck about, do you? :)

It's an interesting question though. I wonder if it's occurred to anyone else to even try it?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blimey, when you upgrade a car you don't muck about, do you? :)

It's an interesting question though. I wonder if it's occurred to anyone else to even try it?

:tango_face_grin:

I'm sure they fit, but I wanted to check before buying... But, I think for one more time, I wll be lucky and they will fit, because I'm going to buy eitherway.
Anyone with a Q3 model 2015 and up that can measure the distance between the screws that hold the rear brake calipber?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Hi Kostas

I've just checked the parts catalogue and the Quattro rear hubs (item 16) are the same part number for 2013 and 2015 models. The rear caliper brackets bolt directly to the hubs so the centre distance for the mounting screws must be identical

https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+q3/aq3/2016-855/5/505-505030/

I'm currently working on a 345mm front brake upgrade with Audi S3 calipers. It's been done before so I know it's a bolt on fit - just need a few more bits before I start

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks spike, tell me what you will need and I will help you, I have some s3 friends.

Are you sure RSQ3 doesn't have 345mm brake discs?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
An RSQ3 has the best brakes I've ever experienced on a road-car in 44 years of driving...those 8 pot Brembos almost without equal - even better with EBC Redstuff pads. Would be worth the effort. Putting it in context - the latest model B9 RS4 that I had...the brakes were distinctly average in comparison.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Thanks spike, tell me what you will need and I will help you, I have some s3 friends.

Are you sure RSQ3 doesn't have 345mm brake discs?

Hi Kostas, thanks for the offer but I already have a list of parts so it's just a case of waiting for a few bits and pieces coming along at the right price.
The RSQ3 has the 'wavy' 365mm front discs, which along with the Brembo calipers are very expensive, even second hand. I also wanted to keep my 17" rims so can't go bigger than 345mm discs

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
365mm? So they must be expensive, only the fact that are fitted on RSQ# makes them expensive. I agree with you, 345mm maybe be the best. Will try to find cheap rear Q3 2015 calipers and then I will check for next mod

·
Registered
365 Posts
Would that be using discs from 8P S3/R32 or different? I ask because I have some 340mm mk2 TT-S discs gathering dust in the garage. They fit the other two cars but the 2.5 mm you lose off the radius means no lip on the edge as they wear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Kostas

I've just checked the parts catalogue and the Quattro rear hubs (item 16) are the same part number for 2013 and 2015 models. The rear caliper brackets bolt directly to the hubs so the centre distance for the mounting screws must be identical

wishbone; axle guide; wheel bearing housing Audi Q3 (AQ3) 2016 year Audi EUROPA 505030

I'm currently working on a 345mm front brake upgrade with Audi S3 calipers. It's been done before so I know it's a bolt on fit - just need a few more bits before I start

Cheers Spike
hi mate, did this work out for you?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
If you mean the front brake upgrade, I've not done mine yet, but I know a man who has - Hi all

For the rear's, I think Kostas has completed the upgrade but I don't think he has done a write up yet

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you mean the front brake upgrade, I've not done mine yet, but I know a man who has - Hi all

For the rear's, I think Kostas has completed the upgrade but I don't think he has done a write up yet

Cheers Spike
thanks mate ill reach out to the guy that has done the s3/R brakes at the front

·
Registered
14 Posts
@spike all fitted. Picked this up for a steal for 200USD. Direct bolt on plug and play. Although my mate and I didn't take notice that calipers need to be on the correct way for both sides with the bleed nipple facing up. We installed them with bleed nipple facing down and that through us off for a good couple hours trying to work out why the brakes would not work after bleeding it 4 times. Silly move and lesson learnt.

Need to redo decals later down the track.

Plenty clearance with my 19in wheels

Stopping distance improved 👍

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Cheers Spike
Unfortunatelly haven't done it yet, due to COVID and impact on jobs, decided to do it later, hopping that things will get better

1 - 14 of 14 Posts